11. You somehow managed to open a time space portal into another realm

I said my goodbyes to the boys as I left the train station on Friday afternoon. I also, somehow, managed to dodge Hazel every chance I got. Whether it was because she was avoiding me, or because I was avoiding her, I wasn’t sure, all I knew was that we didn’t confront each other, and hadn’t since Wednesday morning. And, I was perfectly fine with that.

The walk to my house wasn’t far, but the weather was still cool. I wrapped my arms around my stomach, my head down as I made my way down the familiar street, opening the familiar gate, to face the familiar door.

I unlocked it and dropped my bag in the foyer, making my way towards the kitchen and turning on the kettle.

A faint sound came from the foyer, my phone to be exact. When I managed to yank it out from underneath the homework I’d received, I opened it and stared at the unknown number’s message.

It detailed an address, concluding with 7: 00 sharp.

I dropped my shoulders. I’d completely forgot about tonight, my mind was on other things, attending Cade and Hugo’s get together, or party (either of the two) wasn’t really a priority. I had homework, cleaning, and I was going to visit my Mom.

The phone in my hand started to buzz again, and looking down, I noticed another unknown number. After careful deliberation, and debate, I pushed the answer button, raising it to my ear, to which I mumbled a hello, as I headed back into the kitchen to fetch myself some tea.

Ma petite, you sound so excited, you really need to calm down.”

I rolled my eyes, as I pulled out a mug, “Oh, he’s sarcastic too. You never fail to amuse me, Ari.”

There was a shuffle of material, and a hearty laugh before either of us said anything. It was Ari who restarted our conversation.

“So, you are attending the gathering tonight, right?”

“I didn’t think I had a choice, and honestly I only remembered when I got a text,” I sighed.

“Well, it was a good thing I told Cade to message you, then.”

I made a mental note to add both numbers into my phone, for future reference, on the account, that getting away from them seemed near impossible. It was at that moment that I remembered something.

“Question,” I asked, pouring the hot tea into my mug, “How did you get my number?”

Ari cleared his throat on the other line, “Uh, I’d rather not disclose that kind of information.”

“So, I shouldn't be worried about you stalking me?”

“It is an imminent threat, ma petite,” Ari let out a chorus of laughter.

I chose to ignore his response.

“Was there a reason you called, or do you just like the sound of my voice?”

His laughter continued, “Well, I do really like the sound of your voice, but I do have a reason. Would you like me to come get you tonight, you know, so you can find you way to the twin's mansion later?”

Of course they'd have a mansion, of course.

I pressed my phone against my ear and shoulder, bouncing a tea bag in the steaming water over and over, contemplating.

“So? What do you say?”

“Sure.” What did I have to lose?

There was a moment of silence before he spoke, “Really?”