Chapter 12: Friendship

Irus P.O.V:

The bell strikes once again, announcing lunchtime. Everyone is getting their bentos and lunch bags, while they reunite with different people, chatting and planning what was the perfect place to go for eating. As I prepare the paper with the poem idea ready, Natsuki comes along with a determined face, getting her face close to me.

Natsuki: "Is it ready? Can I see it?"

Irus: "Hey, calm down, no need to get nervous! After all, you must make the final details and write it."

Natsuki: "Y-Yeah, sorry..."

She steps back getting some distance.

Irus: "It's alright, anyway... Here it is."

She grabs the paper quickly from my hands as soon as I show it and reads it.

Natsuki: "Huh... It still has my style, and talks about another subject, as I see..."

Irus: "Does it look good? I mean, my handwriting style can be pretty confusing..."

Natsuki: "Oh, no, not at all! I think is pretty nice, actually! And gladly, it won't take much time for me to transcribe it. But..."

Oh no, did I made something wrong? I look at her, worried.

Irus: "But?"

Natsuki: "You deserve a reward for everything you made for me."

With a big smile, she takes a plastic box from her bag and as soon as she opens it, a sweet aroma fills in and my vision encounters finally those delicacies.

Irus: "Wow, brownies! Wow Natsuki, you didn't have to... Hey wait a minute, where did you get them?"

Natsuki: "Well, I had some time alone in my house and decided to bake some for me, but I want you to have them."

Irus: "Oh no, I wouldn't leave you without something to eat! In fact..."

I copy Natsuki's actions, taking my recipient and showing it to her.

Natsuki: "Are those... Ravioli?"

Irus: "Mhm! I always make lunch for Sam and me, but I also wanted to do it for you."

Natsuki: "Hey, it's not necessary, I mean, I do have some money for lunch and all."

She looks away pretty blushed... I must say, she really looks so happy and cute.

Irus: "I insist, in fact, let's make it an exchange: half of that brownie for ravioli, deal?"

With a soft laugh, she faces me again with a grin on her face.

Natsuki: "Okay, mister businessman, it's a deal."

We both shake our hands and fixed our uniforms... And then burst of laughter together at our dumb occurrences.

Natsuki: "But, before that, I want to invite you to eat with Yuri, so we can all get along, you know?"

Irus: "Of course! I wouldn't mind at all!"

We walked together through the other students around, the more we went forward the fewer people we encountered. Time later, we reached our destination: stairs that went to the rooftop which people rarely went.

Yuri was already there, facing to the bottom of these, seemingly worried.

Natsuki: "Hey Yuri, I thought you would be already eating."

She, pretty surprised, turned to face us.

Yuri: "Well, yeah but... I found him here."

And to my surprise, there he was...