Chapter 8

I take the book and my fingers touch his slightly but the feeling I got when our fingertips touched was unlike anything I've felt before. The sensation was like electricity mixed with something else that I can't quite figure out. He turns walking back to the front of the class and while doing so I catch a hint of what smells like rain, ocean, and vanilla. The smell instantly calmed me down and I wiped my face before focusing on him talking about the book. Class ended so I walked with Lyssa to get lunch but Blackstone stopped me.

"Miss Samuels come here please." He said as I was about to pass his desk but when I turned I saw Kim was standing beside it glaring at me.

"Yes Mr Blackstone." I say slowly walking up to the desk.

"If you have any more questions Miss Samuels I suggest asking another student." He says to Kim before she bumps into me leaving pissed that whatever she was trying failed and that he was talking to me.

"What is it you want to talk to me about?" I ask as his beautiful blue eyes meet mine and we were quiet for a beat.

"I wanted to know why you were late to class and to know if there is anything that I could do to help you about it?" His smooth voice asks me and it makes my heart skip a beat.

"I just got turned around that's all. I promise not to be late again." I say softly while I stare into his eyes and there's emotions that I can't recognize swimming in his eyes.

"Alright I just wanted to make sure. I don't like giving detention but you were late. If you ever need help please come ask me. My door is always open." He says with a breathtaking smile before he motions for me to leave and get lunch. Walking out I see Lyssa jogging up to me with a light blue button up shirt in hand and a big smile plastered on her face.

"Here put this on and meet me at lunch." She said handing me the shirt and started to turn away but I stopped her.

"Wait who's shirt is this because it looks too big to be yours or Zach's." I commented while unfolding it out before me and the smell of rain, sea, and vanilla hit me like a wave and I glanced over my shoulder thinking Blackstone was behind me. He was sitting at his desk looking over some papers though.

"My big brothers so stop stalling and go put it on." She said before walking off to lunch leaving me to find a bathroom quickly so I don't miss lunch. I slip it on and it sits loosely on me but the smell is intoxicating along with soothing in an odd way. I wonder if Mr Blackstone is related to Lyssa but shaking my head I know that's unlikely she would have told me probably.

I put my hoodie back on but I only zip it up partially before jogging off to lunch and I got lucky making it in time to eat something. Grabbing food I head into the cafeteria and I spot Zach while walking in. Making my way there I get half way when I see Lyssa and her along with Zach wave at me before I feel someone's foot trip mine. I fall face first with my food scattered in front of me but I hear the unmistakable laugh of Kim.

"Need help up klutz. Here I'll help you." She sneers at me before grabbing the shirt and pulling me up but I hear people run up behind me. I feel my hands grab my arms and shoulder.

"Are you ok Kyt?" Zach says softly from behind me on my left shoulder but who I assume is Lyssa turned me. The front pocket on the shirt rips and Kim just has a shit eating grin at that.

"Oh I'm sorry did you like this shirt. Oh well it's ruined now." She smirks before dropping the pocket and walking off.

"Sorry but I wanted to make sure you're ok." Lyssa mumbles out while looking me over for injuries but I was fine. We walked over to their table and sat done so they could eat but their trays were empty.