Chapter 10: Past Reflections & Hidden Power

Samantha's POV

It has been a few days since the play. I was thinking about fun. It was fun to begin sewing again. I didn't realize how much I missed doing the things I used to do before people called me weird, not only for my hobbies and personality. But then my new appearances.

I was then interpreted from my thoughts when I heard a knock on my door. "Come in!"

The door opened, and I walked in was my mom.

"Hey, mom, can I help you?" I asked, still lying down on my bed, looking out of my window.

"You have been in your room a lot since the play. I came to see if anything was wrong." Mom replied, sitting down on the bed next to me.

"I'm fine, just been thinking, " I said, finally turning to face her.

"Yeah, about what?" She asked.

"Well, I was thinking about the past, " I said, rubbing my fingers against the locket I had worn since mom gave it to me.

"What exactly about the past, my angel?" Mom asked.

"I just realized she been calling me that instead of dear, " I thought.

"Well, doing the play reminded me how I kind of missed sewing and some of my other hobbies. The only thing I still do from my past is watch pokemon. Also, why have you been calling Angel instead of dear?" I said.

"I see. Why don't you start them again? I saw how happy you were making those costumes. I have seen you so happy for a long time. Also, I call you an angel because you have always been there for me even when I did horrible things. You always help me through my darkest hours, " Mom said, kissing the top of my head.

I smiled, pleased to have a mother like her. She may seem heartless to most people. But deep down, she has a great heart.

"I love you and always will be there for you," I said, smiling at mom.

Mom's eyes started watering. "I love to my angel, " Mom said, hugging me tightly.

I hugged her back and felt my body warming up due to the happy and warm aura coming from her body.

"Why do I always feel these emotional auras. I feel them mostly around mom, but I have felt this strange feeling from a few others?" I thought, confused, about I can seem to sense emotions. But mainly, why does it always seem stronger around mom.

"Anyway, I will think about maybe trying to go back to my old self," I said, snapping out of my thoughts.

"I'm glad to hear that, my angel, but before I go and make lunch is there anything else on your mind?" Mom asked.

"No, why do you ask?" I replied.

"Your eyes were squinted. You always make that face when you are deep in thought. I know you just as well as you know me, " Mom said with a laugh.

"Do you think I could have a hidden power? That I don't know about?" I asked, looking over at my mom.

"Well, Magneto always felt there was something special about you. Does it feel like you have another power? What brought this on?" Mom said, still hugging me.

"Well, " I started, not knowing how to really explain that I felt a strange aura of what felt like someone's emotions.

"Yes, my angel, "

"It's like I can feel a strange aura. When I feel it sometimes, it is warm, cold, or scary, but more importantly, it is like someone else emotion is running through my body. The feeling more commonly felt around it. You always ask how I know when you are sad and mad. Even having to look at your expression," I explained.

Mom stared at me, deep in thought. Then opened her mouth to speak.

"Well, that's interesting. I don't have an answer to that, but it may be a power you have. I don't know how it works or what you can do with it. For now, don't stress about it." Mom said.

"Yeah, I won't stress about it, but I hope you can help me figure out more about it, " I said.

"Of course, I will help you find out more somehow, my angel.  For my now, focus on tomorrow," mom said. Making me raised my eyebrow, not sure what she was talking about.

"Tomorrow, I was sending you, and the rest of the brotherhood to camp. Go get some training to improve your stamina. While I try and get the information, I need from Cerebro. The young x-men should be there also. I mentioned this to you yesterday, but I guess you were too distracted thinking about your past self and maybe this hidden power of yours. Next time you have something on your mind, come and talk to me. Instead of making me grown concern that something happened to you because you haven't been leaving your room," Mom said, giving me a stern look.

"Yeah, sorry about that. I guess I didn't want to bother you with something that I felt wasn't important, "

"Anything on your mind is always important to me, my angel. Now come on downstairs and help me make lunch. Besides, Toad, Lance, and Kevin have been worried about you. I think those three have feelings for you, " Mom said, laughing as she lifted me off the bed.

"Oh yeah, well, I don't know if I feel the same way," I said, walking to the bedroom door, holding mom's hand.

"Yeah, who do you like then? Is it that X-men Scott?"  Mom asked, turning to look at me.

"What, of course not, " I said, shaking my head.

"If you say so but know this, my angel. I never stop loving you, even if you're in love with the enemy. I could never stop loving my angel no matter what. Plus, that might upset you and make you leave. I couldn't stand losing my angel," Mom said, looking away, and I can tell she was scared that I might leave.

"Relax, no matter what, I never leave you. I know you know you never do anything to hurt me. Even if you did, I know you never meant to. I can feel that deep down you have a kind heart," I said, squeezing her hand.

"I know you can, angel, " Mom said, and with them, we both finally left my room and walked downstairs to the kitchen.

💛💛💛

Hey lovely readers

So that's is the end of the chapter! So Samatha reflects on her past and how she kind of missed doing the old stuff she loves to do. Also, she has a long talk with her mom, and tells her about this unknown power she might have. Mystique also mentions to Samantha that Toad, Lance, and Kevin might have feelings for her.  The next will finally be based on episode nine.

If you enjoy this chapter, vote, and comment