Chapter 8 Leila

I just stood there, not able to say a word. 

To my relief neither of them looked up when I asked, but they were only seconds away from discovering who I was. 

Just as I had thought. They looked up and I could see that they recognized me.

- I know of a witch that can help you break the spell, but then you need to take the girl with you. The fella I hadn't met said.

- Somehow, I don't think that would be an issue. Niklaus said without meeting my eyes.

They were aware of my precence. But still Niklaus just played along, not even giving me a single look. I was startled to say the least by their disregard, and who was this girl they were talking about? Was it me?

- I'll have a martini, and aren't you a bit young to be a waitress? Said the stranger and looked at me curiously.

- Well, I wanted to help the nice waitress. I said, a bit taken aback by the strangers directness. 

I motioned towards the kind, blonde girl who'd given me a chance to earn some easy cash.

- That's awfully kind of you, what's your name? He asked, showing off his pearly whites with a kind smile.

Just when I was about to answer Niklaus interuppted.

- Well I'll have a Bourbon and you Elijah?

- I'm fine thank you. Elijah answered.

- Okay well, I'll be right back. I said and hurried away from the table.

Storytellers P.O.V

- I've got an important errand to run, I'll be right back. Elijah said quickly while watching his niece through the wild crowd of people dancing. 

After exchanging looks with Niklaus Elijah left the booth. Earning a suspicious glance from Marcellus.

- Well then, where can I find this witch you've been raving on about? Niklaus asked Marcellus.

- Well, she's hard to keep track of, but thanks to my guys you'll find her at this adress.

Marcellus shoved a napkin against Klaus with the adress written on it in black, runny ink.

- Now, all you need is the girl. Marcellus said, bating Klaus.

-Unless you already know where she is. Marcellus continued, a smirk widening on his face.

- Right, thank you Marcellus, we'll be in touch. Klaus answered, leaving Marcell's question unanswered.

Angelinas P.O.V

Just as I moved towards the back of the bar, I threw my apron on the floor along with my notepad. I grabbed my suitcase and was just about to open the door leading outside, when the blonde waitress caught a hold of my plan.

- Hey! What are you doing? You can't just leave! She screamed through the crowd, and I could see sweat shining on her forehead due to the heat.

- I'm sorry, I'll be back! I said and lied while bursting through the back door.

I sprinted down a small metallic staircase leading down to an alley. It was beginning to get dark and the loud noise from the parade was fading. I dragged my suitcase after me towards the open street that laid ahead of me. Suddenly Elijah stepped out of the shadows.

- Don't worry, I'm not going to hurt you. I give you my word on that. Elijah said cautiously and with a smile.

- Then, what do you want? I blurted out.