Chapter 6 Wrong Girl

- Angelina, what's your last name? Elijah asked.

- Stop it Elijah, we both know that can't be. Niklaus said sternly.

- My last name is Thompson. I quickly said.

Why was I even answering their questions?

Suddenly I could feel the atmosphere around us change and Elijah threw a knowing look at his partner in crime. 

Niklaus looked like he'd recently seen a ghost and to my surprise his eyes turned glassy.

- No, that can't be! She can't be here in New Orleans, there's lots of families who are named Thompson. Niklaus raved on, seemingly desperate.

I just stood there completely clueless.

-What's going on?! I asked confused and scared.

- Niklaus think about it. It would explain all of this, for example her heightened strength. It must have been because of the protection that we created, as a precaution incase anyone were to find her. Elijah continued, completely ignoring my question.

These men must be mentally ill.. Thousand year old vampire, sure.....

I tried to back away amidst the confusion they seemed to experience in an attempt to escape. However with my luck, they instantly turned to me at a loss for words.

I turned my heel and sprinted off.

I started to run towards the front of the house, continuing out onto the street. I turned my head repeatedly, praying no one had followed me.

All of a sudden I crash into someones chest, causing me to fall flat on my ass. I looked up to see Niklaus standing there with a smirk on his lips.

- I told you not to run from me, love. He said, and his thick British accent made him sound a bit more creepy.

He reached out a hand to help me to my feet.

- Don't touch me, just keep your distance. I said scared shitless, as my heart banged against my chest.

I helped myself up.

- Angelina, what is the name of your parents? Elijah asked.

-What the..!

I jumped as I realized that he were standing next to me. Just a few seconds ago I'd though I'd lost him.

- Forgive me, I didn't intend to frighten you. Elijah said calmly.

- Well, you did! I stated. 

Where the heck did that come from? 

-To answer your question my parents name's are Mary and Aiden Thompson. I said.

And still I was answering their questions.. I gave myself a mental slap in the face.

Elijah's eyes changed, as if seeing me in a different light. He gave me a look filled with relief, warmth and pride. 

Niklaus on the other hand, looked taken aback. Almost as if I had found his greatest weakness and was about to use it against him.

What had I said that left this ruthless man staggering back?

- What are you not telling me? I asked. Now becoming intrigued, and silently hoping I could distract them enough to leave me room to escape.

This situation felt vaguely familiar somehow and it left me with a shudder.

- You're my daughter, Angelina. Niklaus said with a soft voice, barely able to look me in the eyes.

Had I heard right?

- Wha.. What? No, didn't you hear me? I said. 

What a delusional guy.

- My parents' names are.. I started, but got interrupted by Niklaus.

- No, you're my daughter, Haley and I gave you up.

You were born into a war zone and I have a lot of enemies. It was the only way, the only alternative. He continued, as if afraid I wouldn't believe a word he was saying.

Which I wasn't by the way.

Although the stern tone and his accent made it clear he believed every word. However crazy it most certainly was.

Elijah then started to explain further and I listened to all of it. Not quite sure why.

Something had to explain my impressive super strength though.

 Apparently, I was spelled with a protection spell by a witch when I was little. Which protects me against any threat, if I get scared enough. I also have a biological mother named Haley Marshall, an aunt named Rebekah and four uncles including Elijah.

I mean what the...? 

Now I was sure, these guys had the wrong girl or they had some kind of episode. 

Somehow though, a part of me wanted to believe them. It was such a wonderful story, it sounded like they had borrowed it from a storybook.

- I am so sorry, but I think you've got the wrong girl. I said, trying not to sound condescending.

Niklaus sighed and his face abruptly changed.

Veins started to appear underneath his eyes, I saw fangs starting to protrude from his mouth and his eyes were no longer blue, but the shade of amber.

THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR THE NICE COMMENTS, THEY INSPIRE ME TO KEEP WRITING. I HOPE YOU ALL HAD A WONDERFUL CHRISTMAS! AND THANK YOU ALL SO MUCH FOR READING THIS STORY, IT MEANS SO MUCH TO ME, CONSIDERING THAT I THINK WRITING IS REALLY FUN. I HOPE YOU ALL LIKE THE STORY AND I WILL START WRITING CHAPTER 7 AS SOON AS I GET SOME SPARE TIME. MaSsIvE HuGs FrOm VaNeSsA!