04

Changbin stared at his pencil. "If I shove this in my nose and than slam my head into the desk behind me, will I die?" Changbin mumbled. "Well aren't you in a happy mood today," his seatmate said and Changbin gave him a side glance. "Am I ever," Changbin mumbles in a low voice and the person gave a hum since they didn't hear him. "What?"

Changbin waved his hand around. "Nothing...you got any ideas?" Changbin asks as he stared at the female. "Um...I guess I should say yes," the female answers and Changbin looked at his paper. "Damn...I hate this prompt," Changbin said as he crossed his arms over his chest. "Awe, it can't be that bad!" Changbin looked at her with an unamused look. "Says you, Jihyo," Changbin grumbled, "you have a boyfriend."

Jihyo coos and pinches the male's cheek. "And weren't you in a relationship in high school?" She asks and Changbin shook his head which surprised Jihyo.

"Middle school?"

Another head shake.

"Elementary at least?"

Yet another one.

"How about at the start of college?"

"How about never?"

Jihyo quickly moved back and stopped her questions. "Oh...Binnie I'm-"

Changbin shook his head. "Please don't apologize, I can't take anymore sympathy from anyone," Changbin said as he laid his head down, ready to fail on the final test grade. "Hey, on the bright side," Jihyo started and Changbin looked at her, "it's not due until a week before Christmas." Changbin said and hide his face back in his arms while Jihyo sat there awkwardly. "Yay...more time to question my love life."

Jihyo couldn't think of anything else besides rubbing the male's back with comfort. "It's going to be okay, Binnie, you'll find your light soon," Jihyo said and she smiles, writing down the words on Changbin's paper and putting a small heart and a little message by it. The bell rung and Changbin puts the paper into the folder for the lyrical part of the project. "Work again?" She asks and Changbin nodded his head. "Yeah, parents are already buying Christmas gifts for their kids."

____

Changbin looked up from his phone at his boss. "Could you help the delivery people with the stocks?" She asks and Changbin nods his head. He left the counter and went to the back, getting an excited wave from his other coworker.

The bell of the front door rang and Changbin rubbed his eyes, hoping it wasn't another parent who was going to argue with him. He looked up and felt his body shut down at the teenager who walked in. He looked to be a sophomore in college, only a year younger than Changbin. He was dressed in a white skirt and had a graphic t-shirt tucked in with a black turtle neck underneath. He had thigh-high socks on and combat boots on that were black.

Changbin quickly looked at his watch and bit his bottom lip. He actually wanted to try talking with the person to see if he could at least exchange numbers with them but luck seemed to be, yet again, not on his side.

"Home time," Johnny, another one of his coworkers, says as he patted Changbin's shoulder. Changbin looked at him and Johnny laughed. "Dude, why do you look so sad?" He asks and ruffles the raven-colored male's hair. "Tired, annoying parents," Changbin said. It was half true.

"Well, go home and sleep, weren't you complaining about a test?" Johnny says and Changbin groaned. "Fuck the test," Changbin grumbles and grabs his bag. "Alright, bye little man," Johnny says and winced when Changbin kicked the bag of his knees. "Beanstalk," Changbin insulted and Johnnh flipped the junior off who stuck his tongue out. "Shit, bro, when did you get a tongue piercing?" Johnny asks.

"Uh...3 months ago, my parents gave me a lot of shit for it."

____

Changbin sighs as he laid his head on his apartment. "I'm going to slam my head into this door if they're in here," Changbin grumbles as he took out his keys. He unlocked it, glad Chan actually used the key he gave him, and stepped inside. He was greeted by snow waddling over to him. "The only time I'm glad to have a pet," Changbin said as he closed the door so she wouldn't leave.

Changbin set his bag down and took his shoes off, stratching the kitten's head. "Mhm...you should probably have milk."