Chapter 0: Where it all fell apart

Tonight was the night. It was bright, it was beautiful, it screamed where it was afraid. It did not show no remorse. Humans did a lot of horrible things when we first arrived. We did not really know what that was until we began to read through all their past histories. Things were never the same... I personally did not really understand it. I was still a little boy at the time. For what it's worth, many things were not the same afterward. My name is Dawson Redfield. I am 10 Years old. My mother abandoned me when I was born, and my father was a deadbeat who threw me away. I do not have a family nor would I know who would help me grow up to be a good person. In the Year 2,000 humans were ruthless. They had a few good presidents but nothing worth game changing... They had this black president who everyone praised back in the year 2008 era. He seemed ok; he did not seem like a bad person. I read through the scriptures and in the Year 2016-2017... all hell broke loose when a man known as Donald Trump ruled over the humans. Sin after sin after sin after sin... nothing changed. The humans began to become brainwashed and it seemed a lot of people were starting to role-model him as their own savior.

It was around 2020 when things started to go downhill. The president unleashed a nationwide pandemic and decide to start blaming it on whoever that got in his way. He lost the election. Though, the only thing he left behind for his legacy was a president that sacrificed so many dead bodies just so he and his partners could be rich. It was then in the Year 3,000-4,000 World War three started causing massive nuclear wastelands to be seen miles away. Smoke decimated the lands. Fires burned the trees, water levels elevated, houses were plundered beyond ruin. It was like watching a war movie except it was real. Nothing about it was fake. Trillions sacrificed their lives for the sake of this war. It was supposed to be a war about ending nuclear weapons considering many nations around the world wanted to disarm them because they were becoming very problematic. Although, to the person that wrote the article it almost seemed like a wet dream that could or could not came true around the time. Around the Year 5,000 to 6,000 things started to become rather different in an interesting way. Teleportation started becoming a reality. The new generation used this type of technology that the old one's produced around the Year 4,000.

I was born on the Year 8140. Timeline 8,000. This was when the War of Machines occurred. This was part of the 3rd World War. Cranes started acting strangely attacking nearby cities crushing them. Oil rigs started forming legs, forming arms, forms eyes. It was like a nightmare for humanity to witness. These oil rigs were known as Goliath's. After a long time, the machines had enough. Tearing apart every human's home city. Mankind was torn apart limb from limb no pun intended. This was the life. Around the Year 9,000. The Horsemen Legion was founded. It was supposed to be people who were gifted with powers of the unknown to combat the Machines. I was 14 years of age when the machines stopped retaliating which they then began to shut down. While they were defeated, the 3rd world war came with a devastating cost. The Extinction of humans or rather the near extinction of them. I could not fathom what might have happened if we could have saved a few thousand of them. I was brought into my new family within the Legion. My gift was special, too special. A lot of the superiors were looking at me with hopefulness, they thought I could one day change the world. They were right though. I needed to consider my options. Different people who had all kinds of gifts. One used holy power, others used manipulation in time, many different powers were observed in the training room so it's not like people didn't get their chance to show of their own powers to the superiors. I for one would always hide because I did not like large gatherings. 

Out loud. I heard one of the superiors call out my numerical number. They said to me in a clear voice. It went something like this... "Number 7766. Come forward. It is time you showed us what your gift is made of. Do not waste our time either. Your test starts now." That is what he said to me after I started to gather my thoughts into going towards that stage to show them. It was only then that things started to spiral down from there....