Chapter 6 - The Squabble

Author's Annotation: This would a typical dry route our main leads needed to trek through

Recap from Chapter 5:

"But boyfriend, when will we be completing the 40km then? You'll be exhausted carrying me, this is not feasible."

"There'll be buoyancy effect and we can keep warm this way too. Let's consolidate our bags, I'll carry the heavier one in front for balance. No more buts. I'm going up to read the weather." ~ end of recap.

Eon Jin was grumbling about who was the tyrant, as she rearranged the bags.

Growl.

Hunger pangs struck, since she only ate three mouthful of the porridge for breakfast and that was 3 to 4 hours ago. She had passed by these few days with irregular meals. Her gastric relapsed last night but was under control with medicine.

That was something which she missed packing in, gosh.

For a foodie like Eon Jin who lived to eat, energy bar was out of her consideration. Tae Pyung could have all of those.

Segments of the route which were such a squeeze that Eon Jin felt the claustrophobia creeping up her spine. They were in ventilation-scarce underground drains. The waters were almost at Tae Pyung's shoulders. She was already on his back for an hour of wading and they had advanced 4km.

Author's Annotation: This illustrates the 40km wet trek

Author's Annotation: This illustrates the 40km wet trek. Waters could get to shoulder height. Our main leads needed to belay themselves to the pipes running along the sides, so that they would not be flushed away by sudden currents.

After the narrow drains, Eon Jin belayed herself to the services pipes on the walls and to Tae Pyung while treading against some stronger currents for another 3km.

The next 1km was a swim, kind of easy breezy, as they were pushed along by the flow of water. She was on Tae Pyung's back again for 3km. Another 2 hours slipped past and Tae Pyung insisted a break for Eon Jin.

He climbed up to check the weather via the surface rainwater drain grating. A shower in the later part of the afternoon was expected.