Chapter 12 - The Climb

Recap from Chapter 11:

Eon Jin took a deep breath, braved herself and snatched the kit from him. Gently but thoroughly she removed the inflammation. Then she applied the antiseptic cream and bandaged his calf.

They consumed some snack bars to regain energy and water to hydrate in silence, as if to retaliate at each other.

At him for keeping mum about his injury and not taking care of himself.

At her for having guts ahead of abilities. ~ end of recap

The next task was working from height and Eon Jin was to work on the electrical switches which she was less familiar with.

Eon Jin turned to Tae Pyung, who looked more ashen than earlier, "Boyfriend, I can scale the shaft alone, by belaying to the railings."

Definitely, his reply was an outright rejection.

Even though he was really not in the best condition to climb with her.

But Tae Pyung, being a protective lover, would endure tenaciously to his last breath to ensure Eon Jin's safety. He was such a man.

He starting preparing the climbing gear for their ascent to the switch panel located at about 3 stories high

He starting preparing the climbing gear for their ascent to the switch panel located at about 3 stories high. The main electrical controld were relocated to this underground shaft so that it would not be damaged by the asteriods. It was placed at height to be away from the moisture.

She was revising on her mobile phone about electrical switches and what to look out for during her task.

Her worry was she did not know what she did not know.

Nonetheless, she still had to complete the lockout, by hook or by crook. She could let Tae Pyung know or he would fret unnecessarily again.

She had to keep the phone with her, in case she had to video call the evacuation headquarters for off-site support. She checked that the fuse puller, travel size plier and wire cutter were in her climber's pouch.

With her protective gear on, she mounted her mobile phone on her head strap securely. They donned their harnesses.

After a final check on each other, they began their scaling.