Chapter 9 - The Proposal

Author’s Annotation: TGIF dear readers!

Recap from Chapter 8:

There was no reply from Eon Jin. A curse broke through his grinding teeth as he exerted all his remaining strength to bring the dead weighted Eon Jin with him. He laid her down on the dry but cold hard slab gently. His tears clouded his vision as he attempted to rouse his love to consciousness. ~ end of recap.

There was no time to waste

Tae Pyung took out a merely 480g Sea to Summit Traveller Sleeping Bag from his bag and unpacked it, as he ran through the steps to treat a hypothermic patient.

Please pardon me for peeling you off your attire without your permission. It's to save your life.  He thought aloud.

Firstly, he remove all of Eon Jin's wet attire, only remaining the 2 piece swimwear

Firstly, he remove all of Eon Jin's wet attire, only remaining the 2 piece swimwear. Next, all his own clothes leaving himself stark naked except his trunks.

Then, he pulled a dry microfibre towel from the water proof bag to dry her thoroughly then himself.

It only the sight of the graze on his calf that he remembered about that injury he sustained earlier in the swim. He had to ignore the wound, which had stopped bleeding but was swollen from prolonged contact with water. His focus was only Eon Jin.

He carried her onto the sleeping bag.

Rewarming should be started by applying warm compresses to the chest, neck, and groin. Tae Pyung opened the heat pacs and placed them over the towel on Eon Jin's chest and tummy, as well as under her head. Heat pacs could only cover very small area. There was no other source of warmth except himself.

Body to body contact was needed as a first aid measure. Tae Pyung did some quick warm up exercises. When he was pumped up, he zipped up the sleeping bag with both of them inside and cuddled Eon Jin tightly.

The familiar touch of her smooth porcelain skin was colder than it should be. It pained Tae Pyung dreadfully. He snuggled Eon Jin so closely, as if she would be lost should he loosen his grip.