Chapter 14: New Mission

Your POV

As we were both walking around the city finding a perfect place where we could eat, we saw a poor abandoned puppy. He looked so hungry.

" Giyuuuu, we need to help him. " I told him and looked at the puppy, the puppy growled at him. Giyuu's eyes widen.

" No, you might get bit— " He was cut off from his words when the puppy let me carry him. I held the puppy on my arms and it started wagging its tail.

" I guess you can keep it... " Giyuu said and sighed. He stared at the puppy and it growled at him again.

" Uhh. Maybe he's just hungry. " I told Giyuu, I took out the last rice ball I had and gave to the puppy. He immediately took a bite and started eating it up.

" Now you try, Giyuu. " I told him and handed the rice ball to him, he gently gave it to the puppy. The puppy consciously sniffed at it.

" It's okay. " I said the puppy looked at me and Giyuu, I just chuckled and the puppy slowly took the rice ball out of Giyuu's hand.

" Good boy! I'm gonna name you Tafu. " I said, Giyuu slowly pet the puppy and it licked his fingers.

" You two are friends now! " I happily said, we then decided to go to the market. We bought skinless chicken breasts for the puppy, salmon fillet and some other ingredients and spices for Giyuu's favorite dish.

" So you're cooking today? "Giyuu asked and I nodded. He smiled happily took everything we bought, I chuckled at his reaction. He seems so excited.

" I guess you like my cooking? " I asked him with a chuckle and he nodded.

" Yeah, your cooking is the best. " He said with a smile. I just kept on petting the sleeping puppy on my arms.

When we arrived at the small house we rented, we both changed our clothes and I quickly started boiling the chicken breasts for the puppy, while Giyuu started cooking the rice.

I was cutting the daikon into smaller pieces until I heard Giyuu said " Bite it on the neck, Tafu. " I slowly turned around to see Tafu playing with Kanzaburo.

" Cawww! " Kanzaburo immediately flew at me and landed on my shoulder. I heard Giyuu laughed.

' I rarely hear him laugh. ' I thought and just chuckled, I gave Kanzaburo a piece of daikon which he happily took it. I started marinating the salmon to make it more tastier, I boiled some water and added the daikon and the marinated salmon.

" I can already smell it. " Giyuu said and hugged me from behind. I slowly turned around and gave him a quick kiss.

" Don't forget about the rice. " I told him and his eyes widen, he immediately went to check the rice, I then heard him sighed in relief.

I took the boiled chicken breasts out and shred it, Giyuu handed me a bowl of rice. I then mixed the boiled chicken breast in and let it sit for minutes to cool it off for Tafu.

" I'm hungy, is it done yet? " Giyuu asked me while I added some soy sauce, Mirin and Shoyu-koji on the pot.

" Maybe a couple more minutes, until the daikon becomes soft. " I told him and he nodded and went to Tafu.

I remembered having dogs when I was a kid, before I met Giyuu, Sabito and Urokodaki-san. Those dogs helped me hunt for our survival, they were family to me. Yet one day they just all died and some never returned home...

~ Time skip, A couple of minutes later ~

" Itadakimasu. " Giyuu and I said in unison, I can see Tafu eating already, while Giyuu kept on staring at the food, admiring it.