Chapter 22: Hashiras

Your POV

Sanemi and I have been fighting for a while, most of the trees in our area have been cut down. Yet he never hit me even for once.

" You're strong and smart. Using your own blood as a weapon and a shield, not bad. " He said with his creepy smile.

" I'd be dead if you're an evil demon. " He continued and started striking again. I stopped talking cause he wouldn't listen, I've been trying to explain to him everything. Yet he just wouldn't listen.

" But still you're a demon. You might as well be dead! " He yelled and my eyes widen, I was hurt by his words.

" I... " I muttered. " I guess you're right, Sanemi-kun. " I said and his eyes widen. I then looked showing my eyes the other blue and the other still red.

" Uhh... (y/n)... " He said.

" Strike me, Sanemi-kun. Vent out all of your anger at me. " I said slowly walking towards him, his eyes widen and he gritted his teeth. I took his sword and aimed it at my chest, gripping at the blade making my hand bleed.

" Now do it! " I told him and his eyes widen. " Pushed it straight through my chest! " I yelled at him and he was stunned.

" No, I cant. " He said, " You're still human. " He said and took my hand off his sword. My eye widen, I wasn't expecting that kind of response. I smirked and tightly held his hand, his eyes then widen.

I pulled him towards me, I was about to hit his carotid artery to make him faint but—

" Ara ara~ What are you doing to (y/n)-chan, Shinazugawa-san? " We heard Shinobu asked, Sanemi immediately let go of my hand.

" You tricked me! " Sanemi said and I just chuckled.

" But she's bleeding because— "

" I'll take care of her. " Giyuu said and went to me, he glared at Sanemi and Sanemi glared back.

" Excuse me, but we must go. I don't know if Kanao already got the news. " Shinobu said.

" What news? " Shinazugawa and I asked in unison. Giyuu glared at him again.

" We were told that Kamado Tanjiro and his demon sister should be taken custody and we need to bring them to the headquarters. " Shinobu explained, I sighed in relief and looked at Giyuu who was still glaring at Sanemi.

" You know (y/n)-chan, I'm sorry but I almost stabbed Tomioka-san. Good thing the crow made it just in time. " Shinobu told me and I just chuckled.

" Well, I might be carried by Tomioka or a kakushi if you two arrived late. " Sanemi said, Giyuu just stared at him and at my hand.

" Don't worry, I'm fine. " I told Giyuu with a smile yet he just ignored me and looked away.

" Ara ara~ I think someone's jealous. " Shinobu said and I just glared at her. We all started walking out of the mountain, I could see the sun slowly rising.

I can feel the warmth unto my skin, until Sanemi started following me wherever I go. I just raised an eyebrow at him.

" What are you doing? " Giyuu asked him.

" She might burn, duh! Use your common sense! " Sanemi told Giyuu, Shinobu just chuckled and I just sighed.

" How about you use your brain even just for ones, you idiot. Demons are afraid of sunlight, do you think she's afraid of it? " Giyuu coldly told Sanemi. Sanemi was stunned by Giyuu's words.