seventeen; chloe's plan

Chloe-

I sat on the floor of my room trying to get ahold of Maddie. She wasn't answering her phone, and we kind of needed her to pick up.

"I hope this works." Paige's voice comes from down the hallway, in the office.

"Me too. But it will. And once we take care of Kendall, then everything will go back to normal." I sighed and continued to text Maddie's cell.

She wasn't answering. Or even reading them. I would have been more concerned if she was reading and not responding, however.

I got up and walked into the office.

"She's probably busy." Paige shrugged, her bun bobbed up and down as she moved her head.

"Yeah," I replied. "How is it coming?"

We watched the pictures slowly move out of the printer. It was taking a long time, so we set it to print a few copies and walked back into my room.

I flopped onto my bed, my hair flew everywhere and Paige did the same.

"It will all be over after we finish this." Paige sighed. She sat up quickly.

"It might be better that Maddie didn't read your text. She might be really happy with us after we do this on our own." She continued.

"Yeah, I guess so." I answered. The noise from the printer indicated that it finished.

I bolted up and ran to the printer where our master piece lay. I held it up for Paige to look at.

"Once Kendall sees this, she will be too sad to do anything and leave us alone." I smiled and looked at the picture.

It was a picture of her dead mom superimposed onto a picture of a skull.

We figured out she died by going through Kendall's Instagram and found a picture of her mom. I was thrilled we had finally found the secret to bring Kendall down and immediately texted Maddie and Paige to come over.

Only Paige had responded. Maddie hadn't even read it.

We planned on taping them in her locker and everywhere around it so people would see.

And now we were here, holding this picture, feeling accomplished.

-

Maddie-

We all stood there mortified as Peter, Mackenzie's boy toy, bolted out of the room and out our front door.

Mom watched him go with her mouth wide open.

"Really, Kenz?" She finally said after a moment.

"I'm sorry," Kenzie hesitated through her tears. "But you should know that-"

"I'm sorry I yelled at you okay?" I yelled, cutting Kenzie off before she ruined anything else.

"I'm sorry that I was rude earlier. But just please, stay out of my stuff." I said in a more relaxed tone.

"Maddie cuts herself." Kenzie finished and my cheeks burned red.

It was quiet for a second.

"Mackenzie, what do you mean?" Mom said, her voice quivering. She couldn't even look me in the eye.

"She cuts herself as in she stole some razor blades and is slashing herself open. I found them in her bathroom sink. They were all bloody-" Kenzie was cut off again by mom leaving the room and bursting into mine.

I rushed behind her and saw the mortified look on her face in the mirror as she looked at them on the floor.

"Madison, you have 5 seconds to explain yourself." She said.

I was quite taken aback by this, I expected mom to be more, sympathetic.

But it was back to my old mom and I knew she was lying the second she told me she wanted to work on her relationship with me.

"I-I-" I hesitated.

And mom looked furious.

"Why are you mad?" I said, alarmed.

"Because I can't believe you would do something so stupid."

Her words rung through my ears and echoed into my body.

"I-I don't even know what to say right now. You think the feelings that I feel on a daily bases are stupid? You think this is all a joke?" I asked, on the verge of tears.

"I think you are being over dramatic. I think you need to apologize your sister right now, look at her! She's scared to death. Apologize and then go to bed. I don't want to see you for the rest of the night." She hissed, grabbing my razors.

I looked at her and gaped, I can't believe the way she was reacting right now.

"I'm sorry, Kenzie. I'm sorry we got such a bitchy mom." I snapped and as mom turned around to yell at me I slammed the door in her face and locked it.

"Madison Nicole Ziegler get out here right now and apologize." She yelled.

I looked at the door, my vision blurry from tears. I hunched over, my arms around my waist and leaned on my bed and burst into tears.

Mom yelled at me for a few minutes and gave up and left in a flurry of anger.

I looked at myself in the full length mirror that stood against my wall. I looked at me hair, flat against my head, black streaming down my face and my body shaking.

This was not over dramatic. This was real.

~

thanks for bearing with me and waiting for this update loves

I'd rather give you a better quality chapter than a bad one written on the spot right

thanks for all those nice comments you left on the last update they really supported me

love you
-l xx