Chapter 21

CHAPTER 21

   Sarah's POV

I glance over at the clock and see that Jake and his parents will be here soon. I head to the bathroom and start to tug my brush through the knots in my hair. I push in a thin red hair band and braid my hair into a french braid and let it sit on my shoulder. Then I open my makeup box and put on some mascara. Then I put on my eyeliner but not to much that I look like a raccoon. When im satisfied I head into my room to change into a decent outfit.

I pull out my black leggings and my red dress. I head over to my shoe closet and decide on my red flats. Im pulling my leggings over my knees when I hear the door bell ring. I hear my moms voice welcoming Jake and his family.

"Just up the stairs and on the left" I hear my mom tell him. Oh crap im topless at the moment. I hear footsteps thuding up the stairs and im trying to pull my dress over my head when I hear the door open but luckily I had my back to the door. "Oh Sarah um sorry I- I didn't know you were- uh ill just go" Jake stutters before closing the door. Well that was awkward....

I walk in front of my mirror and fix my dress and hair. I slide my feet into my flats and briefly look into the mirror before opening the door and walking down the stairs. I see Jake sitting at the bottom and when he hears me coming he looks up at me and smiles causing me to blush. "Hey" I say as he gets to his feet. "Hey. Uh sorry I walked in on you while you were changing, I didn't realize-" I cut him off from his blabbering.

"It's fine. It was an accident no worries" I say and offer him a smile. "Ok good. Merry christmas eve" He says and steps forward. "Merry Christmas Eve Jake" I whisper and take his hand in mine. "Listen Jake we need to talk" I say and look up into his eyes. He just nods his head. I start to walk upstairs still holding his hand and leading him to my room. We sit down on my bed and I start at our linked fingers rubbing my finger over his thumbnail. After a minute or two of silence I look up at him and let my hand slip out  of his grasp.

"Jake, I think we need to start over." I say getting right to the point. "Sarah, what do you mean?" He asks confused. "I mean what I say, that we need to start over. Our... I don't even know what to call it what's going on between us but whatever it is isn't healthy. It was built on the fact that we were both kidnapped and stuck together only having each other and caring for each other. But if you do want a relationship with me it has to be something real. And I hardly know much about you Jake. If we are to have a relationship I want it to be like a normal one would be.....

The guy liking the girl, the girl being nice then the guy takes her on a date and they get to know each other. Then after another date the girl starts to fall for the guy. But I don't want a rushed relationship, I don't want you to rush through all of it just to get back to where we are at now..." I say trailing off.It's silent for quite a long time that I just get up and leave Jake sitting there. I hope we can start over and have a real relationship... 

I walk over to the closet and push aside a bunch of coats revealing another door but smaller. I push it open and duck under the small door and into the hidden room. One day we were taking down the wallpaper and putting up our own when I saw it. Ever since ive found it I became attached to it and personalized it. Now it's like my privacy room, I go there when i need to be alone or need to think and other reasons. I pull the coats back in front of the door to conceal it and close the door.

My parents are the only ones who know about it and I even have a special knocking code I made with my mom so when she knocks I know its her and she's just seeing if im in here. I flop down my couch and turn on the lamp illumination the purple room. I look in the mirror and see black tears falling from the corners of my eyes. I pull out my mini makeup kit from beside the couch and fix my face.

Soon I hear a little tap tap tap tap tap and I walk towards the door and give a little tap tap letting my mom know im in here. "Hunny, no one else is here but are you ok? I seen Jake come out of your room looking pretty sad" My mom whispers. "Yea Im fine. Ill be out soon" I say and I hear my moms footsteps growing faint as she returns to our guests. I adjust my dress before leaving Narnia behind.

"Hey" I spin around and see Jake looking at me. "Listen about what you said I thought about and you were right. And I want you to know that im willing to start over because I know it's what's right. But it's christmas eve so lets enjoy it" Jake says and smiles. "Ok. Let's go then" I say and we walk to the dinning room to eat dinner.

______________________________________________________________________

Omg only a few more chapters to go and the book is over! Hopefully you guys are enjoying it : )

I just want to say a huge Thankyou to all my readers that my book is at 838 READS!!!! :D :D it makes me so happy to see that people are reading it!!

anyways I would Like to wish you all a Happy new Year and Hopefully 2015 will be a great year for you all! I know for me it's my last year before I graduate and go off to highschool so im willing to make the best of it :D

and as usual ;)

Keep reading, Commenting ( Only a few people have been ) and voting ( PLEASE!!) ;D 

<3 Allison <3