Chapter 22

CHAPTER 22

     Sarahs Pov

We finished eating dinner then we watched a movie and played Monopoly and my mom ended up winning. Then it was around 9:00 and I figured Jake and his family were gonna head out shortly. "That was a good game" Jakes mom said and we all nodded. "Anyone up for trouble?" My dad asks rubbing his hands together and wearing a wicked smile. I just groan. My mom is the queen at Monopoly and my Dad is the King at trouble. Im not that great at board games, im more of an out doors and sports person.

Jakes dad yawns and Jakes mom shakes her head. "Um not tonight but maybe another time. Well thank you so much for having us and merry Christmas" she says walking towards the door and putting her shoes on.I look around for Jake and when I dont see him I assume he's already waiting in the car. So much for a Goodbye... No I need to stop. We are starting over and maybe building are relationship back up. "Have a merry Christmas" I say as the step out into the snow.

"Well that was fun" my dad says coming and putting an arm around me. "Yea it was" I say with a smile. "To bad we didn't get to play trouble though" My dad says with a frown. "Next time dad" I say with a laugh. "And plus it's no fun with 3 people" I say sticking my tongue out at my dad who fakes hurt and me and my mom laugh. "Then we will play with four people" My dad says matter of fact and I give him a confused look. "Dad you need to take your meds. Theres only 3 of us here" I tell him and he just chuckels and shakes his head. Am I missing something here.....?

"Dad?" I ask confused. Then I hear him. "So Trouble anyone? I have to warn you Im really good though so be prepared to lose" I look over and see him leaning against the wall holding Trouble. "Jake? Um how come your still here?" Ok WHAT is going on?! My dad knew about this Obviously and Jakes Parents had to aswell...

"Well I asked both of our parents if I could surprise you by staying over and counting down till Christmas. So ya" he says and smiles at me. Oh... "Sweet" I say with a big grin. "So... Trouble?" My dad asks and my mom just laughs. "Your on!" I say flopping down on the couch. We all pick out our colors and start to pop the bubble to see who gets the first 6. After awhile of popping I get the first 6 and Take my pieces out of the home. Next my mom rolls a 6 then Jake then my dad. "Looks like your chances of winning are low today dad" I say laughing at him. He just grunts. "hunny It's just a game" My mom laughs. 

After some more popping and getting people out my Dad has made his way to the top having 2 people in his home while the rest of us have only one. "Got one home" Jake says placing a piece in the blue home. "Wow looks like Jake is catching up to you hunny" My mom says laughing at my dad. I pop the dice and get a 3. "YES!" I shout happily getting my second red piece to home leaving my mom and last. "Look whos laughing now. Your in last!" My dad laughs at my mom who just huffs at him. "Hunny it's just a game" My dad says mimicking my mothers word earlier.

"Oh thats it" My mom says rolling the dice and taking out one of my dad pieces. Im too busy laughing at them that I dont realize Jake taking out one my pieces."Hey!" I say after it's my turn and I go to move that piece but realize it's at home."Jake?! Im so getting you out!" I say. So it's me going after Jake and my mom going after my dad.... This is going to get interesting.

After about  a half our we've Finally Finished. "HA! Mr.King of Trouble just got his butt Kicked!" My mom laughs at him. My mom came first I came second My dad third and Jake last. My mom and I  teamed up on the boys helping each other out earning us first and second place. Usually when we all play there's no teaming up on each other but this time was different. "That was fun though" Jake says and I nod in agreement. "What time is it?" I ask and my dad checks his watch. "It's 10:30"