Chapter XXXIV

Harry POV

I felt my feet slam into the ground; my injured leg gave way and I fell forwards; my hand let go of the Quarwizard Cup.

'Where are we?' I asked.

Cedric shook his head.

'I think this si the place Annabeth saw in her dream,' Percy said.

'You mean hell?' Cedric asked.

Percy shook his head still looking around him, with his sword out.

We had left the Hogwarts grounds completely; travelled miles for even the mountains surrounding the castle were gone. We were standing in a dark and overgrown graveyard; the black outline of a small church was visible beyond a large yew tree to the right.

Cedric looked down at the Triwizard Cup and then up at us.

'Did anyone tell you the Cup was a Portkey?' he asked.

'Nope,' said Percy looking around the graveyard 'I dont even think this is part of the task'

'I dunno,' I said. 'Wands out, d'you reckon?'

'Yeah,' said Percy 'Someone's coming,' he said suddenly.

Squinting through the darkness, we watched a figure drawing nearer, walking steadily towards them between the graves carrying something. It was short, and wearing a hooded cloak pulled up over their head to obscure their face. And he saw that the thing in the person's arms looked like a baby, or was it merely a bundle of robes?

I lowered my wand slightly, and glanced sideways at Percy, who shot me a quizzical look.

The figure stopped beside a towering marble headstone, six feet from them.

And then, without warning, my scar exploded with pain. It was agony such as I had never felt in my life; my wand slipped from my fingers as I put my hands over my face; with my knees buckled; I was on the ground and I could see nothing at all, my head was about to split open.

From far away, above his head, he heard a high, cold voice say, 'Kill the spare.'

A swishing noise and a second voice, which screeched the words to the night: 'Avada Kedavra!' A blast of green light blazed through my eyelids.

Cedric was lying spread-eagled on the ground beside Percy. He was dead.

I felt like I was being pulled to my feet.

The short man in the cloak had put down his bundle, lit his wand, and was dragging me towards the marble headstone. I saw the name upon it flickering in the wandlight before he was forced around and slammed against it.

TOM RIDDLE

I realised who was under the hood. It was Wormtail.

'You!' I gasped.

But Wormtail, who had finished conjuring the ropes, did not reply; he was busy checking the tightness of the cords, his fingers trembling uncontrollably, fumbling over the knots. Once sure that I was bound so that I couldn't move an inch, Wormtail hurried away. I couldn't make a sound, nor could see where Wormtail had gone. Then I remembered Percy.

Where was he?

I looked around. Cedric's body was lying some twenty feet away. Some way beyond him, glinting in the starlight, lay the Triwizard Cup. My wand was on the ground at his feet. But Percy was nowhere to be seen. The bundle of robes that I had thought was a baby was close by, at the foot of the grave.

It seemed to be stirring fretfully. I watched it, and my scar seared with pain again. I looked down, and saw a gigantic snake slithering through the grass, circling the headstone where he was tied. Then Wormtail came back within my range of vision, pushing a stone cauldron to the foot of the grave. It was full of what seemed to be water.

Water. Were was Percy? He said he could control everything that had a drop of water. 

Wormtail was busying himself at the bottom of the cauldron with a wand. Suddenly there were crackling flames beneath it. The large snake slithered away into the darkness.

The liquid in the cauldron seemed to heat very fast. The surface was on fire. The movements beneath the cloak became more agitated. And Harry heard the high, cold voice again.

'Hurry, Wormtail' It said.

'It is ready, master.' Wormtail said.

'Now ...' said the cold voice.

Wormtail pulled open the robes on the ground, revealing what was inside them, and I let out a yell.

Percy POV

I was under the Yankees Cap. And Harry was clearly looking for me.

The guy named Wormtail had flipped over a stone, and revealed something ugly, slimy and blind – but worse. The thing Wormtail had been carrying had the shape of a crouched human child, except that it looked nothing like a child. It was hairless and its arms and legs were thin and feeble, and its face was flat and snake-like, with gleaming red eyes.

It looked like the man Annabeth saw in her dream, Voldemort.

And then Wormtail lowered the creature into the cauldron, that was not filled with water (in fact I couldnt control it), there was a hiss, and it vanished below the surface. Wormtail was speaking.He raised his wand, closed his eyes, and spoke to the night.

'Bone of the father, unknowingly given, you will renew your son!'

The surface of the grave at Harry's feet cracked. The liquid in the cauldron broke and hissed; it sent sparks in all directions, and turned a vivid blue.

Wormtail was whimpering. He pulled a long, thin, shining Stygian Iron dagger from inside his robes. His voice broke into petrified sobs. 'Flesh of the servant willingly given you will revive your master.'

He stretched his right hand out in front of him – the hand with the missing finger. He gripped the dagger very tightly in his left hand, and swung it upwards. His blood was now in the cauldron.

'B-blood of the enemy... forcibly taken... you will ... resurrect your foe.'

He stabbed Harry with the dagger and put his blood into the cauldron.

And then, suddenly, the sparks emanating from the cauldron were extinguished. A

surge of white steam billowed thickly from the cauldron instead, preventing me from seeing anything.

But then, through the mist in front of him, he saw, with an icy surge of terror, the dark outline of a man, tall and skeletally thin, rising slowly from inside the cauldron.

The thin man stepped out of the cauldron, staring at Harry

Lord Voldemort had risen again. And appearing out of nowhere he saw him: Coeus.

This and some of the next chapters will be a bit boring since is mostly the same as Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire, so sorry for the lack of creativity.