doctor

I walked into the kitchen.

"Are you alright?" Hanna asked.

"I just have a bad feeling about this." I admitted.

"Hey, it's gonna be alright." She assured. Jay then came back out. I

"C'mon. Let's go." He sighed. I glanced at the time.

"Cameron is getting off the bus in about 20 minutes. So you should probably start walking down there in about 10 or 15 minutes." I told Hanna.

She nodded her head okay and we left. He rested his hand on my thigh and drove with the other. We got to Planned Parenthood and went up to the front counter.

"Hello, how can we help you?" The lady greeted.

"Hi. My wife and I have been trying for a baby but it hasn't been working. And we just wanna see if something's wrong." Jay said.

"Okay, fill out these papers and we'll get to you as soon as possible." She said.

We took the two papers and each filled them out. He filled out the one for males and I filled out the one for females, of course. And we turned them back in. Soon enough they called our names and we went to a room.

"Hello, I'm Dr. Lembert." The doctor introduced herself. "Can you tell me more of what's going on?"

"Well we've been trying for another baby, but it's not working. We already have one son, so we're pretty concerned and confused on what's happening." I explained.

"Well since you already had a baby there can not be anything wrong with your uterus." She looked at Jay. "Would you like to see if there's possibly something wrong with your sperm?"

"Uh sure. If that's what I gotta do." He replied. She handed him a container.

"Okay, the bathroom is right there."

"So I just like... Jerk off in this?"

"Jay." I whisper yelled.

"Don't worry, we've heard a lot worse." Dr. Lembert assured. Jay then went into the bathroom.

"How long will we have to wait to get results?" I asked.

"Probably about 20 minutes. Most people just stay and wait, so you of course have that option too." She answered.

"Okay. I think we'll do that too." I replied.

Jay then came back out and she took the container and left the room. She then soon came back with a sad look. She handed him some papers.

"The results came in and it turns out that you're infertile." She announced.

"What? But we have a son." He gasped.

"Sometimes it may work. But there is little to no chance it will happen again." She responded.

"Is it genetic at all?" I asked.

"Nearly 50% of the time it is, yes." She answered. "Do you have any more questions?"

Jay shook his head no and I agreed. We then left. When we got in the car he put his head against the steering wheel.

It's okay Jay. A lot of men are infertile. And it doesn't make me think any different." I assured.

"But you wanted to have a second kid. And we can't." He pointed out. "And now I'm gonna pass it down to my fucking son too."

"There's only a chance that you will. And do we really need a second kid? We already have Cameron, who turns out to be a miracle."

He took a deep breath and sat back up. We kissed and then began to drive back home. I then remembered something.

"Tomorrow's Saturday. Do you still want them to come over?" I asked.

"Yes I do. I won't let this affect anymore things in our life." He answered. "Besides, it'd get my mind off of things."

We soon got home. Right when we walked in Cameron ran to Jay. Jay caught him and picked him up before he could run into him. Cameron hugged him tight.