Ephemeral | 06

j i m i n

"I'd like you to meet Chaeyoung again. My wife." I felt her froze beside me while the others remained silent.

But Taehyung was an exception. He was smiling widely at us while clapping his hands. "Congrats!" I smiled and enveloped him in a man hug.

"When, where and how?" Jungkook asked while staring blankly at the floor.

"We got married yesterday, at the fansign event." I casually replied as if it wasn't a big deal.

Everyone just stared at me and Chae who looks so flushed right now. I chuckled as I let go of her and hooked an arm on Jin hyung.

"Aren't you all happy that I'm married now?"

I tried to lift their moods up. I knew that they wouldn't like it, but still, here I am, trying to convince them that it isn't something to worry about.

"Of course we're happy." Yoongi hyung said with his brows furrowed. "Congrats." He added then shook hands with Chae, then gave me a man hug.

"We'll talk later." He whispered then went to one of the staffs.

The others started to spread out too, living me with Chae and Taehyung.

"You guys know that I'm rooting for the two of you." He said while playing with Chaeyoung's long hair. I chuckled and hit him lightly on his arm.

"Get off my wife, you jerk." I saw him roll his eyes as he went to Jungkook and hugged the lad.

"Do you want something?" I asked Chae when we were the only ones left. She just shook her head and smiled at me.

"I love hearing from you that I'm your wife."

My heart skipped a beat. I didn't know what to react. Next thing I knew, my hand was already caressing her hair.

"Do me a favor and call me 'nampyeon' again." I replied.

I don't know why I'm letting myself tag along in her game. It felt so right but I knew that it was wrong all along. But what can I do?

I received a nod and another smile from her as she walked away from me and sat on the sofa on the corner of the room.

"Yah, Jimin-ah!" I turned around to face the guys who were obviously not happy about the news.

I ran to them as we circled again.

"How did you get married?" Namjoon hyung asked. I shrugged and looked at Chae who was busy with her phone.

"She made me sign a marriage contract."

"Let me guess, you had no idea that you were already signing those?" Hoseok hyung asked too, making me nod. I heard them groan while Yoongi just stared coldly at me with his arms crossed.

"Wha—" Jungkook was cut off when mr. Son called our attention.

"We'll definitely talk later." He whispered then went to his position. I think I'll be doomed.