Ephemeral | 15

c h a e y o u n g

I closed my eyes out of frustration when I saw a bunch of paparazzi outside the stadium.

Sighing, I gave the money to the driver and went out. I don't have any choice but to enter the venue like this.

When they saw me, cameras immediately started flashing on my face. I just kept myself composed even though they were giving me a really hard time to get in.

Thank God there were bouncers coming towards me which made me breath easily.

I should've went with Jimin earlier. I thought.

Once I got in, a staff escorted me. It took us a minute or two before we finally reached the backstage where the guys were chilling.

"You're still alive." Taehyung said while eyeing me from head to toe.

I rolled my eyes at him which caused him to chuckle. Rolling my eyes had become my mannerism whenever I'm with Tae.

"Did the paparazzi saw you?" I was about to answer Jungkook when Yoongi spoke out loud.

"Apparently, yes." He said then showed us an article.

KOREABOOM
AUGUST 6, 2027

FORMER K-IDOL ROSÉ WAS SPOTTED EATING DINNER WITH BTS

Park Chaeyoung or mostly known as Rosé of Blackpink was spotted eating dinner with BTS at a fancy restaurant last night. It was also said that some of the media saw her and Park Jimin wearing the same ring and rumors have been circling that the two have been dating...

I stopped reading and sat on the single sofa that was vacant and massaged my temples.

"What are you gonna do about it now?" Bang Si Hyuk appeared out of nowhere. I stood up and bowed before him.

"Can I talk to the two of you, please?" He said, eyeing Jimin and me. I slowly nodded my head and turned to Jimin who was all sweaty due to their extreme practice.

He gave me a reassuring smile then went to me and held my hand.

We went after Bang PD-nim and he brought us to a room which I believe was the dressing room.

"There were articles saying that you guys are married. What do you want to do?" My jaw dropped.

I thought he'll be mad for this, but no. He was still calmly talking and his smile never faded. It was as if this wasn't a big trouble.

I felt Jimin squeezed my hand and said. "I'm going to admit it to the public. We're disbanding anyway."

"Goodluck, you lovebirds." J-hope teased as we entered the room full of paparazzi.

I was actually amazed by how BigHit managed to hold a press conference immediately in just a day even though they'll host a concert later.

But on the other hand, I felt so guilty for dragging them into this.

Jimin and the others should be practicing and giving their all to the concert but here he is, ready to face the world and tell the truth.

We bowed before everyone before we took a sit.

He looked at me and smiled so I smiled back. It's now or never.

And I should've expected this. In this kind of life that we have right now, it would be really impossible not to get caught.

"Is it true that the two of you are currently dating?" A female reporter asked first.

I inhaled and signaled Jimin to speak. He then took the mic and spoke.

"We have been dating for years now but we chose not to tell the public so it wouldn't disappoint the fans. So yes, we're currently dating."

We agreed upon telling the press that we have been dating for the past two years instead of telling the real reason behind this marriage.

"What about the wedding ring? Are the two of you just dating or are you two married?" A man reporter asked next.

I took another deep breath as I smiled to them and answered.

"Jimin and I recently got married secretly in my hometown. That's why we wear the same ring and I am with them during their world tour."

Since we didn't have much time, Bang PD-nim told us to be as straightforward as possible.

There were a lot of questions but Jimin was the one who answered for us. I couldn't think straight knowing that this just might end his career.

"Thank you, have a good day!" The MC said as we went inside where the other members were staying.

"I'm proud of you guys!" Jin oppa said and enveloped me and Jimin into a hug.

As we let go, Jimin looked at me and pulled me into his arms. God, how I missed his scent and touch!

"I'm sorry." I whispered.

He must've been confused about it so he pulled out from the hug and looked at me with confusion.

"For what?"

I was aware that they were watching us so I took this opportunity to apologize to them all.

"For dragging you guys into this situation. I know that I already told this to you but I will forever be sorry for this. Your career might end because of me and it haunts me every night."

He smiled at me and held my face.

"You were never a bothersome to us. Stop overthinking. I love you and that's the only thing you should think of. Arraseo?"

Tears started forming in my eyes. What have I done in my past life to deserve such a beautiful angel, inside and out?

I nodded. He kissed the top of my forehead and wrapped an arm around my waist.

I then faced the guys who were just chilling while watching the two of us. It was as if they weren't even bothered about the huge mess that I made.

"Why does it feel like you guys don't care?" I blurted out.

"It's because the armys still support Jimin. They also shipped you with him so we didn't had any problem with that." Namjoon replied.

It felt like a bucket of ice cold water dropped upon me. I totally forgot that their fans and some blinks were rooting for us since day one.

"Besides, we actually never cared if we had issues. People will judge you anyway." Yoongi was right.

Even though you do all the good things, only your mistakes will get recognized. I should've just relaxed and stayed calm earlier. I just wasted a lot of energy.

"Come on now, we still have a concert to perform."

I miss BTS :(((