Ephemeral | 18

Dedicated to for_jrjslktn ,, you're the main reason why I wrote this book. Thank you for supporting all my jirose ffs 😔❤️

c h a e y o u n g

For the first time in a while, I got home without Ryujin welcoming me.

It felt kinda off but somehow, I was thankful that she isn't here to ask why I am crying my heart out.

Nanay Tess saw me but she just looked at me worryingly. I was also thankful that she didn't asked. I don't have that energy to speak though.

As I got inside the room, I immediately locked it and jumped on my bed.

I buried my face on my pillows and cried heavily until I noticed myself already passed out.

j i m i n

I kept calling her but she wasn't answering. Her last text told me that she got home safely and I don't have to worry but still, I wanted to be sure.

I called the ahjumma who was like Chaeyoung's mother in the house. In just two rings, she finally picked up.

"Yeoboseyo?"

"Hello, ahjumma? It's me, Jimin."

"Oh. What's the matter, son?" I felt my lips form a smile. She usually calls me son since she told us she wanted but never had one.

"Is Chaeyoung okay?" I asked.

I heard a sigh from the other line before she continued.

"I don't know. She arrived here crying. Right now, I haven't heard a single noise from her room. Maybe she's asleep."

I thanked her and immediately cut the line. I need to get home.

I searched for our manager, hoping that he'll allow me. Thank God he understood the situation immediately and agreed upon sending me home early.

"Yah, take care hyung!" Jungkook shouted but I didn't glanced back.

"Where is she?" I asked the first maid I saw.

"I saw her leaving the house, sir." She shyly replied without throwing a single glance.

I was about to go out again when I heard nanay Tess spoke from behind my back.

"Don't follow her. Just wait here." She calmly said which calmed me for a while too.

"Did she say anything about where she's going?" I asked, trying hard not to panic.

"No one knows. But she said she'll be back soon."

And just after nanay Tess spoke, Chaeyoung entered the house.

My hands flew to my mouth as soon as I saw how pale she was and how swollen her eyes were.