Ephemeral | 17

Dedicated to armycanblink ❤️ thank u for your undying support, mwa!!

c h a e y o u n g

"You're not coming again?" He asked while giving me that puppy look again. I just smiled and hugged him.

"I'm sorry. I have to go to an important meeting."

Meeting your first love. I thought.

Back when we were still in Europe, Namjoon told me that Jongyeon was Jimin's first love. It ripped my heart knowing that I wasn't the first, but I realized that it must've hurt more if I were in her place.

"Then cancel it. I'm more important." He stubbornly replied then burried his face on my shoulder. He's being a kid again. Cute.

"Yah, my life depends on it." I said half-jokingly.

But because of that, he let go from the hug and looked at me suspiciously.

"Who exactly are you going to meet?" He asked while looking at me straight in the eyes.

Afraid that he might find out that I was lying, I looked straight into his eyes too then held his face.

He'd suspect more if I'd avoid his gaze. It's better this way.

"Chanyeol. My bestfriend." I replied.

Yes, Chanyeol and I are very close. And I believe that he could cover me up just in case Jimin would ask him about me.

He rolled his eyes and walked away from me. Dang. I think he got jealous. This freak.

"Yah! Are you jealous of Chanyeol?" I teased as I try to catch him but he kept walking around the room, pretending to look for something.

He ignored me and walked past me again.

I smirked. "What are you looking for, babe?" My playful side asked.

"Ask your bestfriend." I laughed silently. He's really jealous. Confirmed.

"You're jealous." I replied. He stopped for a moment but continued looking for something that wasn't actually existing anyway.

I went beside him and poked his side. "Yah." Again, I was ignored. I kept poking him but he stayed firm.

"Arraseo. I'll just tell Chanyeol to pick me u—," I wasn't able to finish because he took my phone and put it inside the pockets of his favorite sweatpants.

"You're coming with me." He said, still with his jealous aura. I badly wanted to pinch his chubby cheeks but I have to convince him not to take me with him.

"You can call me anytime, I just need to attend this meeting, nampyeon." I finally used the 'nampyeon' card. He loves it when I call him that.

I thought he was going to cool down but I was wrong. Instead, he just crossed his arms and stood tall in his feet.

"I won't let you meet with Chanyeol." He firmly said which made me laugh out loud.