five

FIVE▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃

FIVE
▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃

WITH SHU HUA telling me about the interactions, i couldn't keep quiet around jeno. there was no way i would be anyway.

as we sat in the car, waiting at a red light after leaving from school grounds on a friday, i finally asked him; "what's going on with you and roslin?"

he seemed to be shocked at the question because he turned his head to me so damn fast. the light turned green, and the person behind us honking snapped him out of it and made him start driving again. he sighed before he replied to me. "where is this coming from?" he asked. i hated that he made it seem like it was something i constantly brought up like a crazy person.

"someone told me about you guys being all "buddy-buddy" at lunch, i just wanted to ask since it sounds like the two of you are the best of friends now." i replied bitterly. he scoffed at me, and i rolled my eyes, looking out my window.

"damn, am i not allowed to make friends?" he snapped back.

i turned to his with my eyes narrowed. "i never said you couldn't make friends, i asked what was going on between you and roslin."

he shook his head, turning—a little to aggressively—onto a street. "she's literally a friend, jayde. we talked about this weeks ago, why are you still asking? you literally let her sit at our table."

it was my turn to scoff. "because it seems like you guys are way too close now. yeah i get we had lunch with her first trimester, and i guess you still have lunch with her, but putting your arm around her? is that neccessary? and don't give me that 'she's just a friend' mess, 'cause i'm not everyone else at school, jeno. why the hell are you always all up under her? that's literally all i hear y'all are." i ranted, body almost completely his way in anger.

he loudly huffed as i spoke, trying to talk but i spoke louder, because i was going to get my point across. "she's just a friend. i told you this once, and i'm telling you again. stay out of your fucking head, getting all insecure over nothing. it's starting to piss me off."

my heart raced at the curse. yeah, we were teenagers, sometimes prone to cussing—more so him—but we had never had such a strong argument to where curses were needed. it felt so weird, hearing him say it as he spoke to me.

my whole mood changed. "you know what, i don't have time to go back and forth. forget i said anything." i sharply replied, turning back to the window, mentally scolding myself for getting emotional as my nose stung.

maybe this should have been where i broke it off, but i felt i was just being too dramatic, and like he said, too into my head. breaking up for what? him being close with a friend? that sounded stupid to me. i would just look stupid when people found out.

i shouldn't have been focused on what others thought though.

i should've pressed on, and not given up.

maybe i wouldn't have been so hurt later on.

▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃