0.2

TWO.
an unexpected ally

• • •

《 Evryn's P.O.V 》

• • •

"I'm Evryn," I gave him a small grin, "Evryn Zaeros."

Cal shifted his gaze onto the floor, quietly thinking to himself. I narrowed my eyes on him, noticing his very sharp facial features.

He had dark red hair, light skin, scars all over his face, and clever green eyes. He was dressed in a dark-colored outfit, which was covered by a navy-blue poncho, and he additionally wore a glove over his left hand.

It took some time to notice, but he also had a small tattoo on his right forearm; it seemed to be some sort of branding from his Scrapper Guild.

Cal slowly reached out for his lightsaber in my hand. After taking a hold of it, he gently pulled back and attached his weapon to his belt. He looked into my eyes and cleared his throat.

"Cal Kestis."

I took a deep breath in and nodded, "You're a Jedi."

".. And don't us Jedi have bounty on our heads?" He questioned me as his droid beeped warily. He sighed, "Why exactly did you help me?"

I shrugged my shoulders, "What more can I say? You would've died if I didn't."

"Then how'd you know about this place?" Cal asked. I paused for a moment, my lips forming into a thin line.

"Okay, look. It's obvious that you don't trust me," I huffed. "But just know, I have no intention of hurting you."

'Yet.'

Cal looked over at his droid with a doubtful expression. He turned to face me again, "Oh, yeah? And why should I believe you?"

".. We're more alike than you think," I said, crossing my arms. "We've both had our share of pain.." I hesitated, "We're survivors."

▪︎▪︎▪︎

"Let me go!"

I struggled to escape from the binds on my wrists and ankles. The bounty hunter in front of me bashed the right side of my head with the back of his rifle. "You're so damn loud..!"

I winced as blood oozed out of my head. The hot red liquid fell onto the ground, staining the old wooden floor. Another hunter approached me and held my chin up, forcing me to look him in the eyes.

"You have such pretty skin," He slurred his words, staring at my bare neck. "Too bad I'm gonna ruin it."

The hunter grabbed a nearby dagger and slowly but surely, began cutting my neck horizontally. It hurt like hell, but it wasn't enough to kill me. The hunters laughed in amusement as I gasped for air.

At this point, my whole body and face were extremely bruised and cut up. My eyelids grew heavy and just as I was about to close them, one of the hunters aggressively pulled on my hair.

"Aw, you getting tired, little girl?" He chuckled, tugging on my hair harder. I groaned in pain as the wound on my neck tore open. "It ain't bedtime yet."

"Y-You bastards--"

"What did you just say?!" The hunter shouted, shoving me onto the floor.

The other one kicked me in the stomach, spitting on my face. "I can tear you into fucking pieces, you little--!"

"That's enough."