0.4

FOUR.
meeting the team

✧ ✧ ✧

"Come on, let's get you outta here." Cal gently placed my arm over his shoulders, guiding me to the ship's entrance.

".. I can walk, hotshot," I huffed. "It wasn't that hard of an impact."

He snickered, "Is that so?"

Shortly afterwards, Cal let go of my arm and dropped me on the ground. I flinched as I was suddenly met with the cold hard floor. I rolled my eyes at him and slowly stood up with ease. But right as I was about to take a step forward, I lost my balance and fell back onto the ground.

"Having a little trouble there?" Cal chuckled to himself, slowly shaking his head. I sighed in annoyance as he helped me up off the floor and placed a hand on the small of my back. "I've got you--"

"I'm fine, I just.. slipped." I scoffed, softly pushing myself away from the Jedi Padawan. I muttered quietly under my breath, "I can't believe this."

Cal let out an airy laugh, signaling for me to follow him as he made his way into the ship. Once I had entered through the main opening, Cal led me over to the ship's cockpit. Inside were his teammates -- a middle-aged woman and a creature, more specifically, a Latero.

"Nice work out there, kid. Hey, you got some real moves on ya! Ha!" The Latero on the pilot seat exclaimed, moving his hands around like he was fighting some sort of monster. "But, who was that girl you were--" He turned around, and his eyes widened at the sight of me. "Oh, uh.."

"Greez, Cere, this is Evryn Zaeros," Cal announced, gesturing his hands towards me. I placed a hand on my hip and nodded. "She'll be joining us."

"Wait, hold on a minute. Did you say, 'joining'?" The Latero, who I assumed to be Greez, raised his eyebrows.

I chuckled, forcing an innocent smile, "Don't worry, I'm not gonna hurt any of you."

BD-1 beeped, causing Cal to add on to my statement, "Says she has some sort of obligation to carry out for a friend of hers, and it involves rebuilding the Order -- she's here to help."

Cere, the woman at the comm station, stared at me suspiciously. She opened her mouth to protest before shaking her head and saying:

"Welcome to the team."

"Thanks." I answered, looking away from her stare. Cal gave me a comforting smile as he went to go sit down on one of the co-pilot seats next to Greez; BD-1 jumping on top of a nearby counter.

"Anyways, kid, tell me that this visit wasn't for nothin'." Greez said, shifting his gaze onto Cal. The Padawan clicked a few buttons on the control panel before spinning around in his chair.

"Well, I found the Tomb of the Zeffo Sage." He grinned happily. "They definitely used the Force."

Cere seemed satisfied with his response, "An advanced civilization of Force wielders who mysteriously vanished.. no wonder Master Cordova became so obsessed with them. What else did you find?"

"Before they disappeared, the Zeffo journeyed to the planet, Kashyyyk," Cal announced, making Greez groan in revulsion. "Cordova had a Wookie friend named, Tarfful. Maybe we can find him?"

I raised an eyebrow, 'Kashyyyk, huh?'

"Kashyyyk, I.." Greez stumbled on his words nervously. "Look, things are really bad down there."

"I mean, he's got a point," I chimed in with a shrug. "From what I've heard, the Empire's really muscling in on those Wookies."

Cal chuckled, gently punching Greez in the arm, "Is that what you're worried about? Well, then, we better get ready for a fight."