Chapter 17

Today is finally the day were me and Adrian is going to Pennsylvania for my sister wedding I've been dreading this day all weekend I couldn't sleep last night so Adrian stayed over we woke up and got my suitcase packed we set just staying for 4 days I got a states exam in 6 days I need to prepare for when I told my sister we can't stay any longer than 4 days she was disappointed because she wanted to talk. We got to the airport it wasn't a long flight from New York to Pittsburgh Pennsylvania is just one hour not that bad the plane ride I was nervous and scared when we landed in Pennsylvania memories of that night hit me over and over again memories of my dad hitting me and telling me those things brought tears to my eyes I turned to Adrian who was holding our suitcase " whats wrong neonata" he said while hugging me. " I don't think I could do this I don't think I want to see my dad or my sister or any of my family members who were disappointed in me," I said while hugging him back. " hey look at me we don't have to spend the night at your dads or with your sister we can book a hotel and stay there till it's time to face them I got you I am here for you" I smiled and we walked out of the airport the sweet smell of Pittsburgh Pennsylvania. We got in a Uber and went to the hotel that Adrian booked last minute when we got there I couldn't sit or eat I was nervous and just wanted to go back to New York my safe haven. Adrian was in the shower when my sister called saying we are having a family dinner to welcome me and Adrian back to Pittsburgh I want to tell her we were tired and just wanted to sleep in but I knew my sister won't fall for it and will want to keep pushing it so I agreed. When Adrian came from out of the shower I told him about it he was happy to meet my family. We rented a car for our trip so we don't have to keep calling Uber I wore a simple dinner dress that I got from the mall with Lauren I did my makeup and straighten my hair I wore some black heels. Adrian wore his black button-down and some fitted dress pants and dress shoes. We got in the car and head to my childhood home and neighborhood while we were driving memories after memories came flooding in I had to brace myself for this dinner I closed my eyes a few minutes later the car stop in front the house I grew up in the house I left behind six years ago Adrian grab my hands and kiss it he opens his car door and close it and let me out the car he wrap his hands around my waist and we walked to the front door. He ringed the doorbell a few minutes later my sister opened the door her brown big eyes widen and she yelled " oh my God you came and you look so beautiful I don't even recognize my own sister" she pulled me in for a hug and started crying " I am so sorry I hope one day you would forgive me" she whispered she pulled away and I started crying I wipe my tears away real quick and grab Adrian's hands " umm Adrian this is my sister I told you about Mia this is my boyfriend Adrian mia eyes widen as she checked Adrian out I cleared my throat and looked at her like I am about to beat her ass. " I am sorry sis but Adrian is hot," she said I shake my head and rolled my eyes. " well come in everyone is in the backyard we decided to grill," mia said while pulling me in. I Walked in and the house is just how I remember years ago when I left. She pulled me outside and all the chattering turned quiet and everyone looked at me and I saw that look I saw six years ago they will never change I smiled at everyone and there he was the man I once called my father was busy flipping meat sipping a beer who didn't even care to see who walked in to make everyone so quit. Then he finally turned around with a plate of ribs in his hands he looked up and we make eye contact and his face felled like he has seen a ghost or a human with six heads. He put the ribs on the table and didn't even care to talked to me he just sat down with everyone else. Mia smiled and pulled me towards the table me and Adrian sat down an still my dad pretend I didn't exist and kept sipping on his beer. We ate in silence I didn't even touch the food that was sitting in front of me I felt sick. " neonata you should eat you didn't eat anything all day" Adrian said while handing me a bowl of salad. I pick at the lettuce til aunt sue had to ruin dinner for everyone " so Lisa when you ran away from home what did you do with your life" I clear my throat and spoke " well I went to New York and went to school to become OGBYN like I always wanted to" I said while looking at the man who refuse to look at me. " that's nice who's the hunk sitting next to you" aunt sue said " my boyfriend" I said everyone gasp and looked at each other. " how old are you son" my uncle bobby said " I am 29 sir" Adrian sad everyone looked at me with wide eyes. No one talked for a while after that we just sat in silence til desert and tea everything came out after desert and tea.