Chapter 26

(Adrains pov)
Lisa was my everything she made me feel things I've never felt before she makes me a better man after my mom died and I found out what she was I've become cold and empty inside I've had sex with lots of women I've never felt anything for them. They were just a release but with Lisa, I've felt things that made me want to be a better person ending things with her years ago was the hardest thing I've ever done.
(5 years ago)
After Me and Lisa came back from the vacation with my family I've been busy with the police trying to get my stepfather back in jail he's been sending me these threats that I didn't want Lisa involved. Doing her sister's wedding getaway I got a call from my father saying that my stepfather knows about Lisa he knows everything about her she in danger he told me to end it with her and come back to Italy or else she's dead. My whole life was crashing down I didn't want to leave Lisa but I had to or else she's dead. When I ended it with her it was the saddest thing I've ever done that day at work I kept ignoring her I could tell from the way she was acting that she was worried but I couldn't show her any emotion. At the coffee shop, I ended it with her. When she throw the necklace that I give her I lost it I wanted to kill that son of bitch for making me do this but I had to. When she left the cafe i went home and pack my stuff and left I give my sister a letter to give to her because I knew she would come around. I didn't sleep for days I kept thinking about her and how she's doing. Few weeks after I ended it with her I left New York and moved back to Italy my stepfather tried to kill me multiple times when I was in Italy the police found him when he came to my house and put a gun to my head. My father and my stepmom loved me even though my mom did this to their family she never treated me differently even though I was a child of her husband's mistress. I loved my family even though I never saw my real mom or knew her I still love her. Multiple times I've flown to new york and watch Lisa from afar she looked beautiful I stop seeing her because it hurt to keep watching her and couldn't go to her I knew she hates me I hate me.
(5 years later)
Lauren was having her second child and we were on our way back to New York when she started bleeding so we had to go to the hospital I use to work at before I quit. We got to the hospital and Lauren was lead into surgery while me and my family wait in the waiting room a few hours later. We were sitting waiting to get any news from the doctor about her condition I was sitting with my head down when the waiting room door open and walked in the girl who hunted my dreams for five years. She froze when me and her made eye contact but she quickly looked away. She walked towards us and pretended I was not standing there she took a whiff of my smell and close her eyes for a second before she clear her throat and talked to my parents. I am glad to know I still have an effect on her. I wanted her to know I was sorry but she obviously wasn't ready for it. I kept looking at her that's when two kids ran into the waiting room running towards Lisa screaming mommy she turned around a boy ran into her hugging her foot. She said something to the boy when the little girl looked at me and said I looked like her brother that's when it hit me the little boy looks like a mini me. I was shocked she turned around to tell us about Lauren my mom asked her how old her kids was and she said five it's been five years from since I saw her.I was shocked to hear those words I have kids who I didn't know about. After she left the hospital I wanted to go after her but I waited . The next morning when she came in to check on Lauren I saw how uncomfortable she was being near us she didn't even want to look my way. After she left Lauren room I went to her office to explain myself but she won't look at me she won't let me explain myself and I hated myself for it I love her I always love her.
(Present)
Lisa looked at me with tears filled eyes she was crying hard and I felt bad I didn't know what to do so I tried grabbing her hands but she pulled away from me. " why didn't you tell me we could have worked through it." She said chocking on tears " I know but I couldn't stand to lose you" I said trying again to grab her hands this time she let me. " I love you and I would do anything to make sure your safe" I said " you claim you love me but you lie to me" she said " I didn't lie I just didn't tell you" she pulled her hands away and stood up from her seat. " I need time to think I will see you at their birthday party tomorrow" she said and walked away. I couldn't let her go this time so I ran after her before she could open her car door to get into her car I spin her around and kissed her she was shocked at first then she kissed me back. After a few minutes of making out like teenagers, she pulled away and got in her car and left.