CHAPTER 14 - HARRY

February 01, 2002.

Holmes Chapel.

Dear Diary,

        Today's my 10th birthday and my parents are not home. It's not the first time they're not home for my birthday so I didn't care much about it. But Gemma's here and she baked me strawberry muffins. Woohoo!!!

Also, she gave me a book.

"Here." Gem gave me a gift wrapped in a glazing pink gift wrapper. It had a black ribbon in the corner.

"A gift? For me?" I asked surprised and she nodded smiling.

"Thank you" I started unwrapping it carefully.

"You don't have to thank me, baby boy." She ruffled my hair and sat opposite the island. It was a book. The Other Side of Midnight by someone named Sidney Sheldon.

"A novel?" I asked with a raised eyebrow.

"Yeah Hazza" She shrugged.

"Seriously?"

"Hy!! You have to stop reading comics and start reading novels. They're amazing." She said walking over to the microwave.

"Are you trying to turn me like you?" I asked eyeing that book.

"Hy!! We're siblings. We're just two sides of the same coin. We're nothing different, other than the fact that you're a boy and I'm a girl." She said taking the muffins out.

"Yeah right." I smiled at the book. "It looks pretty old."

"Yeah, one of my friends gave it to me on my 10th birthday." She said smiling at the book.

I'm gonna read novels from today. I'm a big boy now!!!

Hazza.