Chapter 10

"Just drive, please." Calum started to say something, but I stopped him by gripping his wrist tightly in my hand and glaring at him. I looked over to the front door. My mother was standing in the doorway. She looked Calum drove away down the road. I let out a much needed breath and sunk into the seat, causing it to squeak.

"What was that all about?" Calum asked.

"Let's go back to your house and I'll tell you everything, alright?" Calum pulled into the driveway minutes later. We both got out of the car. I followed him up to the front door. Calum turned the door knob and pushed on the door with his shoulder, but it was visibly locked. See, if Calum's door was locked on the outside, you could still get out from inside. "You're kidding, Cal," I threw my hands in the air and sat down on the cold, creaky porch.

"Just wait a second maybe I can get in through the window." Cal walked over to the window and dug his fingers under the window pane, causing the window to pop open. "See." He rolled his eyes at me. I laughed slightly and started to stand back up. Calum pushed the window upwards until it locked in place. "You can go first." I walked over to the window. I put both my hands on the window pain and hoisted myself up and over. What I didn't realize was there was an end table and a very expensive vase right sitting upon the table right underneath the window. When I hit the table it somehow slid across the room making the vase shatter to the ground. My rib cage smacked the edge of the table when I fell so I was groaning on the floor. "God dammit, Cora!" CaIum I stood up quickly, staring at the shattered vase. I felt horrible knowing how much this vase meant to his Mom. Calum then jumped through the window and landed with a thud. "My mom's going to kill me!" He said picking up pieces of shattered vase. I sat up slowly, keeping my hand steady on my rib cage.

"I wasn't thinking. I am so sorry." I apologized.

"Just help me pick it up. I'll grab a broom, okay?" I nodded and started pushing the pieces into a pile as he ran past me. He came back and handed me the dust pan. He sweeped the pieces into the dust pan then walked back into the kitchen to dispose of the porcelain vase. I pushed the table back into the corner. Calum brought back a lamp from the basement that hasn't seen the light of day for more than five years. He placed it on the table, hoping that it'd make it less obvious that the vase was broken. I stepped back to look at the scene. I started laughing. "What?" The lamp had a neon yellow shade and the lamp on the opposite side of the couch had a cream coloured shade. There is a lot of reasons that lamp should just stay in the basement forever.

"Well, It doesn't match the room very well. She's gonna notice, Cal, being your mom and all."

"I'll just deny it happened." We stood in silence for a few minutes before my phone started ringing.

"Hello?"

"Hello hello!" Joavie chimed. "Where are you right now?"

"At Calum's, why?"

"Perfect. We'll pick you and Cal up in a little bit."

"Wait, why?" I could hear Luke and Michael laughing in the back. I sighed.

"It'll be fun. Don't worry about it." She hung up on me.

"Joavie?" Calum questioned. I nodded.

"Apparently they're picking us up."

"To go where?" I shrugged. He nodded slowly. "Want a jacket?" He asked.

"Oh, yes please." I followed Calum upstairs and into his room. He went into his closet and threw me one of his two, pullover Green Day hoodies. I pulled the hoodie over my head while we walked back down the stairs. Calum also leant me a pair of vans that were two sizes to big, but it didn't matter. I thanked him, then we waited outside. We sat down on the porch. Calum wrapped his arms around me. He must've noticed me shivering. It was probably going to snow soon due to the cold weather. It was early December which was my favourite time of the year. I rested my head on Calum's shoulder.