Chapter 11

"Patrick?" I said under my breath. I felt my legs go weak and I swear my heart stopped. I slowly got off of the teetor-toter and walked closer to Calum.

"Hey, baby. Haven't seen you in awhile!" He called. He was approaching quickly. He was with a group of unfamiliar faces. About four of the six looked like they were in their mid-twenties. The other two looked younger than me. I was, honestly, very intimidated and sick to my stomach. They were all a lot larger than Calum and could easily over power all of us together. His feet sunk into the small rocks that were scattered all over the playground. "Ignoring me, huh?" He smiled. Him and I were face to face. Joavie and Calum moved closer to me, which made me feel almost 100 times better. "We need to talk." He muttered. He put his hand on my shoulder. I nodded in agreement, not wanting to make him angry. After all, it's always me who seems to make him mad. We started walking away from the group. I made sure I didn't look back at Calum and Joavie so I didn't start crying. We sat down at a park bench very far away from everyone else. He sat across from me. We sat in silence. I didn't want to look him in the eye. He snapped to get my attention. "Where have you been?" I shrugged. He raised his eyebrows. "Answer me." He snapped.

"With Calum, Joavie, Luke and Michael." I muttered Michael's name.

"Micheal Clifford?" He sounded angry. I didn't move or say a word in hopes that he would change the topic, but he didn't. "Woman, respond." He was treating me like a dog. Again.

"Yes, Michael Clifford." I said sheepishly.

"Is that who you were with at the party?" I nodded again. "Did you go home with him?" I shook my head no. "You're lying to me!" He smacked my hand. "I saw you go home with him, Cora!"

"I was drinking. I didn't know he was taking me home." I rubbed my hand against my chest.

"Did you have sex with him?" He asked bluntly. I made a face at him.

"No, definately not."

"Are you lying to me?"

"No, I am not. I promise." He shook his head.

"Good. We're going out to dinner tomorrow."

"I'm supposed to be doing something with Calum and Joavie."

"Cancel whatever you were doing."

"What if I don't want to." I said quietly.

"Well, you're gonna or I'll find you and drag you there." I exhaled loudly.

"I'm not going," I swung my legs over the seat and started walking back towards the park. It was my mistake to turn my back to him. He ran up behind me and placed his hands on the small of my back and shoved me. I fell onto the grass and started scrabbling to get back on my feet, but he just kept pushing me down. "Stop it, " I said quietly, trying not to cause a commotion. I looked towards the park to see Calum and Joavie talking to Patricks friends. I lied still and motionless on the grass so he couldn't push me again. Patrick knelt down and yanked me up, his hands tight on either shoulder. Before I knew it, Calum came up beside us seconds later. Joavie was running as fast as her long legs could carry her. Calum shoved him backwards. Patrick let go of my shoulders, but started going after Calum. That's when everyone else realized what happened and started running at us. Patrick was wailing on Calum. Every one of Patricks friends was cheering him on. Joavie and I tried our hardest to get him off, but he wouldn't budge. Finally, one of Patricks friends pulled him away. Calum stood up quickly and used the back of his hand to wipe the blood off of his nose, which caused it to smear across his face.

"I'll kill you, Hood!" Patrick growled. Patrick was about to run at Calum again, but thankfully his friends stopped him. "I swear to god if you're not at my place by seven tomorrow, Cora-" He was pulled away before he could say anymore. My attention was dragged from Patrick to Calum when I realized that he was bleeding worse then I first thought.