8

Gavin's POV:

I make it home and I slam the door in anger. I don't know why I'm so mad. We're just friends, but seeing her kiss Daniel made me so angry.

"Gavin, sweetheart, what's wrong?" My mom asks as she walks into the living room.

"Nothing mom, I'm sorry. Did I wake you?" I ask her, she shakes her head.

"No honey, I was just wondering why the door was slammed." My mom says.

"Oh yeah, I'm sorry. The wind picked up as soon as I shut the door." I say, she nods.

"How was prom? How is Madison?" My mom asks.

"It was fine, and Madison is great." I say, she smiles.

"Well I'm going to go to sleep, goodnight mom, I love you." I say and I give my mom a hug, she hugs me back and then I go to sleep. She hasn't said I love you back to me in years because of my dad. She tells me that she doesn't think it was my fault, but we both know it was. I change into some shorts and no shirt and I lay down on my bed. Then I hear a knock on my window. I open it and there is Bella. I arch my eyebrows and I open the window.

"What are you doing?" I ask her as she's in the tree by my window.

"I needed to talk to you." She says.

"So you climbed this tree in only a bra and some short shorts?" I question. She looks down at herself and then back at me.

"Yeah sorry, I didn't have time to put a shirt on, now let me in." She says, I sigh and I step away and she climbs into my room. Then she falls on her back, hard.

"Are you ok?" I ask her, she stands up quickly.

"Yeah, I'm immortal Gavin." She says, I nod.

"Right." I say and I shut the window.

"What did you need to talk to me about?" I ask and I sit on my bed.

"What was with the disappearing act earlier?" She asks me and sits in my chair.

"What do you mean?" I question.

"You know, after I danced with Daniel, to get him on our side by the way, it meant nothing. But even if it did mean something, why did you care so much?" She questions.

"It wasn't about you and Daniel, you can do what ever you want with what ever guy, it's not my problem." I say.

"Then what was the problem?" She asks. I gulp.

"We're friends, right?" I ask.

"Yeah." She says.

"Well, I just want you to be happy with the guy that you want to be with, and I don't think Daniel is that guy." I say, awkwardly.

"No he isn't. But there is someone..." She says, shyly.

"Who?" I ask, she looks into my eyes.

"Um, well his name is G-ahhh." She starts when there is a loud knock on my window again. I look over and I see Emma and Madison there. I walk over to the window and I open it.

"Um, what are you guys doing here?" I ask.

"Uh well, you weren't actually supposed to see us, but Madison accidentally hit the window with the branch." Emma says.

"Ok, that still doesn't answer my question." I say.

"Oh, well. We wanted to hear your conversation with Bella." Emma tells me. I look at Bella.

"Trust me, I didn't know they were there either." Bella says and she gives Emma and Madison the death stare, and Emma nervously laughs.

"We sort of followed you here." Madison says. I sigh.

"Why don't you all just leave and we can talk tomorrow?" I ask, Bella nods.

"But she was about to tell you who she likes." Emma says, I look at Bella and she rolls her eyes.

"It doesn't matter, goodnight Gavin." Bella says and she makes Emma and Madison move and she climbs out and shuts the window behind her and then they all leave. I sigh loudly and I lay down on my bed and I think.

What if Bella likes me?

Nah, probably not. We're just friends and she was probably just going to say goodnight before Emma and Madison made a noise....