Chapter 1

Chapter 1

As usual, I had another argument with Li Cheng Yin. Every time we quarrel, he always ignores me, and also does not allow others to speak with me.

When I felt exceedingly bored, I would sneak out to play. A'Du would follow me, she has always been at my side, no matter where I go, I just can't shake her off, just like a shadow. Fortunately, I do not hate this person A'Du, apart from being a little stubborn, she's good in everything else, she even knows martial arts, which is helpful in fighting off bad guys.

We went to the tea house to listen to stories, Mr. Storyteller is very enthusiastic, when he reached the part about how the Immortal Swordsman from thousands of miles away can save someone's life, I asked A'Du, "Hey, do you believe there are Sword Immortals in this world?"

A'Du shook her head.

I also feel that it can't be true.

In this word there are definitely martial arts experts, like A'Du handling the gold inlaid knife, I have seen her in action, as fast as lightning. But from thousands of miles away to save lives, I think that's purely an exaggeration.

When we walked out of the wine shop, we saw a circle of people on the street. I am someone who innately loves to get in on the action, naturally I squeezed past to see what happened. It turned out to be a girl dressed in white mourning clothes on her knees weeping and sobbing, behind her was a worn out mat, covering a stiff corpse, beneath the straw mat, there only revealed a pair of rigid feet, no shoes even worn. Everyone around sighed and shook their heads while pointing at the five words on her front "selling body to bury father", written in black ink on a white cloth.

"Whoa. Selling body to bury father! Dare I ask, how much does this young miss intend to sell herself for?"

Everyone glared at me. I forgot I was still in men's clothing, so I pulled back, and stuck out my tongue. At this point, A'Du tugged my sleeve, I understood her gesture, A'Du is always worried that I will get into trouble. Really, although I spend much of the day wandering about the streets, but besides stopping a frightened horse one time, fighting some young ruffians twice, sending lost children home three times, chasing thieves four if not occasionally five times, I really do not meddle over other people's business......I secretly snuck around to the back of the crowd, and carefully studied the carcass beneath the worn out woven mat, then I knelt down, conveniently pulled a strand from the straw mat, and lightly scratched those stiff soles.

Scratch scratch scratch ah.... scratch...... I very patiently continued scratching. The "corpse" below the mat finally found it unbearable and began to tremble, the more it shook, the more severe the shaking, the more violent the shaking...... Those around finally found it strange. A man screamed, pointed at the trembling mat, teeth chattering and speechless; while others shouted "moving corpse" [1]; more people were dumbfounded, just standing there motionless, I relentlessly continued scratching. The "corpse" beneath the mat, finally finding the itching too unbearable, lifted the mat, and loudly cursed: "Which bastard is scratching my feet soles?"

I shrewdly retorted, "Bastard [2] scolding who?"

As expected, he was indeed fooled, "Bastard scolding you!"

I laughed and clapped, "It really is a bastard scolding me!"

He scrambled up and prepared to send a kick my way, A'Du, in a flash, stepped in between us. I made a face at him, "You damned swindler, pretending to be a corpse, only worth three copper pennies!"

That girl dressed entirely in white mourning clothes rushed at us with him. A'Du, who is usually reluctant to fight with people on the street, quickly pulled me and ran away.