Chapter 2

Chapter 2

Really such a weird man, and he even insisted that I knew him; I don't know such a strange person.

After walking out of the alley, I noticed A'Du sitting on the bridge. She just blankly stared at me. I asked her, "Where did you go? I was worried to death."

A'Du sat there motionless, even after shaking her, she did not move. At this point, that Gu Jian came over, he softly snapped his fingers at A'Du, I only heard a "chi" sound, and A'Du swiftly jumped up, pulled out her gold inlaid knife with one hand, and pulled me behind her with the other.

Gu Jian leisurely smiled, and said, "We fought three years ago, earlier I only needed to use one finger to seal your meridian points. Don't you understand, if I really wanted to do something, you alone cannot stop me?"

A'Du did not speak, she just looked at him fiercely, her posture was like a mother hen protecting her chicks. Once when Li Cheng Yin really angered me to the point that I collapsed, A'Du also glared at him like this.

I didn't expect this Gu Jian would be able seal A'Du's meridian points, A'Du skills are extremely good, normally, people can't even get close to her, much less easily restrain her, this Gu Jian's skill in martial arts is simply unbelievable. I stared at him dumbfounded.

But he just heaved a long sigh, looking at A'Du who had her sword drawn. And the me poking my head out behind A'Du...... then he glanced at me again, and finally turned and left.

I watched him walk away, the alley completely empty, and that strange Gu Jian finally walked out of sight. I asked A'Du, "There's nothing serious right? Are you hurt?"

A'Du shook her head and made a gesture.

I knew the meaning of this gesture, she was asking me if I was very sad.

Why should I be upset?

I found her baffling, so I just exaggeratedly rolled my eyes at her.

It was getting dark, I took A'Du to Wen Yue Lou (问月楼) to eat dinner.

Whenever we would come out and stroll the streets, we would always come to Wen Yue Lou to eat, because here the roast mandarin duck is delicious.

We sat down and were eating the roast meat, when the Uncle He that sells the drinks and his daughter Fu Jie Er came up the stairs. Uncle He is blind, but he is very good at playing the Huqin [1], every time we come Wen Yue Lou to eat, I always have to trouble Fu Jie Er to sing a tune.

Fu Jie Er has already long been familiar with us, she greeted us and said to me, "Liang Gong Zi [2]"

I politely asked her to sing two songs, and she began singing《Mulberry Harvest.》

Eating roasted mandarin duck, with a warm pot of lotus liquor, and listening to Fu Jie Er sing, is really the most beautiful thing in life.

The meat was still sizzling on the broiler, A'Du used her chopsticks to turn over the meat, and then dipped the ready meat with sauce, before placing it onto my plate. I ate the grilled meat, and drank a cup of lotus liquor, at this point, a group of people arrived upstairs, they made thudding sounds as they walked, loudly chatting and laughing, causing people to cast glances their way.

I started speaking nonsense with A'Du, "You see those people, one look and you can tell they're not good people."

A'Du stared at me puzzled.

I said, "Although these people are dressed in ordinary clothes, but every one of them are wearing kuai xue [3], a knife at their waist, and almost all of them are wearing protective wrist guards, they also have Deer skin fastened around their thumbs. These people are both used to wearing kuai xue, and familiar with the horse and bow, and yet they still strut pretentiously around town with a knife...... and with those rakish looks and frivolous behavior, these guys must be Yu Lin Langs [4]."