Chapter 4

Chapter 4

It was a sunny afternoon when I went to see Zhao Liang Di. Yong Niang accompanied me followed by twelve palace maids, some carried sandalwood incense burners, some waved feathered fans, some were holding those brocade boxes loaded with gifts. We walked like this in a procession within the Eastern Palace, it was extremely eye-catching. When we arrived at Zhao Liang Di's residence, she had probably long heard about my arrival so she had the doors open, and stood on the steps waiting for me.

Her yard had a very fragrant Trifoliate Orange tree [1] planted, little premature green oranges clustered together, like countless small lanterns. I had never seen it before, and felt it was very amusing, I twisted my stomach and went forward to look. Being distracted for a moment, I didn't pay attention to my footing, stepped on my robe, and just "pa" fell to the floor.

Although I painstakingly practiced over these last three years, I still often step on my robes. This sudden fall was much too embarrassing, Zhao Liang Di came forward at once and held my arm, "Elder sister! Sister, are you alright?"

Actually, I was still two years younger than her...... But as she helped me up, I still grimaced in pain, it was simply too painful.

Zhao Liang Di supported me all the way in, and then ordered tea to be served.
I had really fallen hard, sitting on the chair, I dared not move, simple movements caused my muscle to twitch in pain.

Yong Niang took this opportunity to present those gifts, Zhao Liang Di from her seat gave me a curtsy, "Thank you sister for bestowing these gifts, younger sister is embarrassed and dare not accept."

I didn't know what to say, fortunately there is Yong Niang, she supported Zhao Liang Di, "Liang Di please rise. Actually, the Crown Princess has always wanted to visit Liang Di, but just had no chance to. This time, the empress had ordered Xu Niang to be brought into the palace, Crown Princess was worried that Liang Di's place here would lack care, therefore especially came here today. These gifts, were all carefully selected by the Crown Princess. Although it is slightly superficial, but it is just a small token of affection. In the future if Liang Di is lacking anything, just order someone to fetch it. In this Eastern Palace, the Crown Princess regards Niang Di as her valued right-hand man, really hope that Liang Di does not feel any distance."

Zhao Liang Di said, "Elder sister's caring heart, younger sister understands."

To be honest, what they said I didn't really understand, I just felt suffocated. However, Zhao Liang Di was not as beautiful as I expected, but she's very kind, her voice was very warm and gentle. Although I don't like her, but I also feel I'm unable to really hate her.

I had been in Zhao Liang Di's palace for an entire afternoon, listening to Zhao Niang Di [2] and Yong Niang talk. Yong Niang really seemed to be liked by Zhao Liang Di, she spoke very eloquently, causing Zhao Liang Di to cover her face with her sleeve and laugh, and then Zhao Liang Di praised me, praised that I have such a competent court lady.

Coming out from Zhao Liang Di's palace, I met Pei Zhao. He was on duty today, leading the Yu Lin Army coming out from the room, however he didn't say anything because with armor on his body, he only cupped his hands and saluted me, "This lesser commander pays respect to the Crown Princess."

"At ease."

Recalling last time he fortunately lent out a helping hand, I could not help but feel gratitude, "General Pei, that night, many thanks ah!" Otherwise I would have been chased to death by those group of bastards. Although at worst, we could fight them before escaping, but those bastards were all Eastern Palace's Yu Lin Langs, if they hold a grudge after the fight and found out that I was actually the Crown Princess, that would be far from good.