Chapter 32

Chapter 32

I thought he would kill me, but instead he broke the rope that was tied to my hands and said to me, "You must have suffered." I looked at him with my head bent, calmly said: "Gu Xiao Wu, one day I will kill you and avenge my grandfather. You traitor, scoundrel." I couldn't curse out any harsher words, instead only repeatedly cursing at him. He wasn't angry at all, but he smiled at me: "If you're angry, you can keep cursing at me." I looked at him like I was looking at a stranger. This man walked out of our wedding and led thirty thousand Turks to fight. However, it was not expected that he would join forces with the Yuezhi. Besides completely wiping out the thirty thousand Turk army, the armies of the Central Plains and the Yuezhi had also stormed into the tents. My grandfather was caught off guard, so he was killed. The Turks are dead! Two hundred thousand people......What kind of massacre was that? It was as if A'Du and I have escaped from the Devas and Asuras war [1], the grassland was covered by the bloods of two hundred thousand people, and the person who was in charge of this massacre was standing here all this time.

I was finally getting tired of cursing so I just sat there trying to figure out what his heart was made out of. I looked at him tiredly and said, "You lied to me for so long, why don't you kill me now?" He looked at me and didn't say anything for a long time. After some time have passed, he suddenly turned his head and looked at the sunlight that was coming in from the curtains. The curtains, originally snow-white, are now black and gray in dust. The early autumn sunshine was perfect, shining on the floor, reflecting our shadows. He suddenly grabbed my wrist, there was no strength in my wrist, so the knife that I was about to use fell to the ground. It was his knife, he was supposed to switch knives with He Shi to become sworn brothers. However He Shi gave me the knife instead. A'Du and I were in a difficult situation, I have been hiding this knife, wanting to use it to kill myself at the very last moment so I don't have to get humiliated by the enemies. He looked at me and said, "You shouldn't do this kind of foolish thing." "Foolish thing?" I almost wanted to laugh, who else in this world was more foolish than me? I believed in a man and was almost married to him. This person was a traitor sent by the Central Plains. I thought that he would die in the battle against the Yuezhi, I wanted to avenge for him.

At this time, suddenly someone came in and exchanged a few words with Gu Xiao Wu. Gu Xiao Wu's expression suddenly changed, he grabbed the knife and left the tent. I was extremely tired so I was just lying down motionless. I don't know how much time have passed, someone gently pulled my clothing and called out my name: "Xiao Feng! " When I turned around, it was Shifu. I couldn't help, but feel overjoyed, holding his hand and asking, "How come you are here?" Shifu said to me: "This is not the place to talk, I'll take you away." He pulled out his sword to cut a hole in the tent and then we slipped out of the tent. There were several horses there, we both got on the horses, and we were about to rush out of the camp when I suddenly thought, "A'Du! Also A'Du! " "What about A'Du?" I said: "He Shi's little sister A'Du, she rushed out to protect me, I can't just leave her." Shifu couldn't do anything but take me back to search for A'Du. We were looking for A'Du in the camp where the prisoners were located. However the guards noticed us. Although Shifu was skilled, he was trapped in an area filled with camps, so the fight was very hard to escape. In the camp, there was already commotion with more people coming from all sides. Seeing that we were at a disadvantage, Shifu kept on fighting and retreating until he had reached the stable. He lit the fire, throwing it into the fodder.

The big camp's stable with their tons of fodder was in a state of fire. There was a huge uproar in the camp, and everyone rushed to help put out the fire. Seizing this chance, Shifu brought A'Du out. The army from the Central Plain was strict and disciplined, and after a short period of time have passed, the turmoil in the camp has gradually subsided with some people rushing to rescue the fire, while others were riding horses chasing after us.