Chapter 11

Chapter 11

Exactly! Crown Princess was born with this beauty, it wouldn't make sense if she didn't gain the Crown Prince's favour! "Did you not see Crown Princess's red face when she saw the mandarin duck sash, it was as if she was shy..."

Aiya, if it was me, I'd also be embarassed, the Crown Prince really is bold.... Actually sending servants in broad daylight to give this to the Crown Princess... "He actually went one step further.... Didn't you see when the Crown Princess came back, she looked so disheveled, even her clothes were torn.... Seems like the Crown Prince really was eager... hehe..."

......... Hearing the palace maids whispering about it makes me want to shout at them and tell them that this isn't what had happened! My face was red because I was angry! My clothes were torn because we were having a fight! Anyways it wasn't what they were thinking!

Li Cheng Yin really doesn't like me, he deliberately made me a scapegoat.

I didn't expect Li Cheng Yin to not only make me a scapegoat, but he also shifted the blame to me.

On the third day, the Empress called me into the inner palace, after I bowed to her, she wasn't like the others who would support me, she did not even tell me to take a seat. The Empress was sitting on her seat, and spoke a few words while not paying me any attention. Although the words were spoken very politely, I could tell that she was scolding me.

I could only kneel down and get scolded.

This also wasn't something that has never happened before, even before this, she would scold me occasionally, it was usually because I went overboard with the things I did. For example, forgetting about the palace rules in the ceremony, or saying inauspicious words during the ancestor worship. However, it was still the first time where I was to kneel down and get scolded.

At the beginning, she would use these phrases from this book. Anyways, she would say it in one breath and listening to her recite the book makes me feel so bored. Kneeling on the floor for so long made my knees hurt, but I didn't dare to move one bit. Actually she knows that I don't understand the underlying message of phrases from the book. When she finished reciting the book, she finally let out a sigh and said: "You are a Crown Princess, the first wife of the Eastern Palace. The Crown Prince is still young and he would cause trouble. You should advise him, how can you let him cause trouble? Not just us from the royal family, but the wife of a common family understands that they must act in a reserved manner........"

I finally understood what she meant, I couldn't help but to say: "It wasn't me, it was him........."

The Empress stared at me to interrupt me: "I know it was him that caused trouble, but he was still sick, you still do not understand? What if his sickness becomes a serious illness, then what can be done? You are going to become an Empress in the future, being responsible for the harem. If you act this way, how is it acceptable?"

I felt angry and ashamed, I felt like I should dug a hole in the ground and hide in there. The Empress was simply scolding me for being shameless, knowing that Li Cheng Yin was sick and.....and......this........this..........Heaven knows! We never did that.......No!

I felt wrongly accused, I felt I would die from injustice!

Seeing that I was about to cry, the Empress stopped lecturing me and said: "You may rise!" I am doing this for your own good. The words that were spread around were even more unpleasant to hear. A young married couple should be intimate, however you should do so at the right moment and place. The Central Plains is not like Western Liang, rumors spread around especially in the palace are like a knife that could kill someone."