CHAPTER 5.2

We grew up safe as we celebrated our first birthday. But my birthday passed quietly because I didn't have a party.

It was because of the Lord's decision that 'now' was not the right time to throw a party in the midst of a dangerous situation in which he was trying to defeat a beast.

Birthday parties are just tiring job so it doesn't bother me.

Anyway, time went by and Devarus grew incredibly fast for a month except for me.

Even though he is only two years old, he looked like around three to four years old. His intelligence was still a baby though.

*sigh*

As for me, I didn't grow up weak. The same was true of the development process.

All I could do was waddle when he couldn't take off his gait. He even fell down before me.

It's natural that a baby can't walk well, but in our case, It was late.

I could be more certain because I heard the butler click his tongue and worriedly said.

"They are both below average in height and weight. It's not a delayed development, but we need to watch them carefully."

Yeah, I'm not good enough. But why is Devarus weaker than me?

It was when I thought that.

Looking at Devarus who was playing with his toys in a distance, suddenly came to me then hugged me in his arms, and shouted in a loud voice

"Bba Bba Bba!"

Well, I'm not your 'papa'

I gave a sigh of relief and patted Devarus. He hurriedly caught my hand that was patting me and held it still.

Of course, I didn't forget what he called me.

"Bba-bba~a"

A sigh fell as I watch Devarus clinging desperately.

It's been a while since Devarus saw his father.

Maybe since I started babbling, he's been calling me 'Bba Bba'.

Of course that 'Bba Bba' could only be me. Whatever I say, It was all he could say.

But the concern everyone around him did not stop. Even now, two maids were watching us with worried eyes.

"I'm worried about what will happen if the Lord finds out"

Their anxiously whispered to each other.

'Right! so you can't leave it as it is!'

Thinking that far, I looked at Devarus who was smiling at me.

"Bba Bba ah bya bba"

"Bba Bba?"

"Bba Bba ah bya bba"

"Ppa Ppa."

I shook my head firmly at the clumsy pronunciation of Devarus.

It was the so-called "Papa pronunciation" operation.

'You know what I mean right?'

And my predictions were right on the mark! Devarus realized the meaning of 'Papa'. The problem was, He was teary at the same time.

"Ppaaappaa"

Devarus was about to burst into tears, his lips were trembling. That figure made me stiff.

'I'm the only one who gets annoyed when he cries.'

It was clear that the maids would come and make a fuss, as well as I will suffer from an eardrum attack.

I frowned as I imagined a series of process. I decided to find a solution, Find a suitable name to replace 'papa'.

Meanwhile, a lily pattern carved on the wall caught my eyes.

A lily symbolizes pure and noble it is also the symbol of the Ardellos Clan.

I felt that the name was fine, though it is the complete opposite to me, it would be a good alias!

'And it's a sweet combination that is easy for a baby to pronounce.'

That's where I thought of it, and I said, looking at Devarus.

"Ri Ri"

"Riri?"

"Ri-ri"

"Riri!!"

However, Devarus did not pronounce it properly and the problem is that I also can't!

In the meantime, Devarus continued to shout 'Riri'. I even saw him took a deep breath.

*sigh* 'do as you please.'

"Riri!"

Devarus exclaimed, he must have accepted my resignation.

Yes, Yes. I just nodded my head.

Only then did Devarus, clung hapily to me. From his mouth came the clumsy name of 'Riri'.

'Yes, Lily or Riri. I don't care anymore'

I decided to relax.

I didn't dare what Devarus calls me.

I wasn't able to call his name properly anyway. Just in time, Devarus' eyes glistened tears again with my sleeves clasped tightly.

It was obvious he was wondering what his name was. I pronounced it clearly as I could.

"Deuayus"

"Deau?"

"De-ah-yuuu~"

*sigh* why is it so hard to pronounce?!?

Devarus tilted his head and muttered as he was loosening his twisted tongue.

"Deayu?"

"uh-ah!!"

"Dea?"

His innocent eyes stared at me.

He seemed to know that his name was 'Dea'. But still, This is too far from his real name!

'I have to do something!'

I tried to pronounce it as clearly as possible.

In the first place, I gave up the difficult part was the pronunciation!

"Ar. Ar" (You are Ar Ar)

"Ar?"

*nod nod*

Devarus nodded at my actions and giggles, It's hilarious that even though we've decided on a nickname. I stared at Devarus who was smiling without knowing anything.

What is so good, is that Devarus kept clinging to me.

Meanwhile, his saliva got to my cloths.

'Ugh!'