214

Evenings spent on the campus of Kazan were somewhat magical. You had the lovers taking a stroll around the grounds for the last fifteen minutes before their wardens chased them away. Then there were the smoked-up junkies selling cheap weed and booze. The poetry club students found sunsets as the perfect time to catch up with school work. They gathered around the park's fountain for a light-hearted discussion with friends along with strawberries and cigarettes.

There was something about one's senses around Kazan. Everything outside seemed damp and dewy. Goosebumps raise on bare arms. Feet crunch on and swish through piles of dead leaves. You could hear the whistling of winds or even the birds taking a flight back home.

The beauty hidden between shadows.

The coding club room was quiet but you could see light peeping from underneath its closed door. Brutus was seated on a small cot, a lighter within his fingers. He stroked the spark wheel as it hit the stone, flame arising from its wick. It was old and rusted, probably coated with a layer of zinc. He brought it upfront to face Laila before blowing it cold.

"So you really want to proceed with the club's initiation? I assumed you'd get bored in a week or so and go back to your dance class."

"It's cheerleading. And yes, I want to do this once and for all." A cough interrupted her conversation before she sighed out loud. "I will also get you back in the club. I promise." He smiled.

The air felt dramatically cold. A part of her was sure the kids were bullying her, but this was a risk she was willing to take. Even if their intentions were to scare her, at least she would be entitled to something. If they were scaring her away, that meant her presence had significance.

"It's simple, you break into the PA's office, wreck it and escape. The next day if there's a notice on board, you're in." the kid sniggered.

This was so wrong.

There was no way she could enter and exit an administrative member's office without getting busted. They were absolutely fucking with her. She should've just joined a writer's bloc or something. Maybe the most fucked up thing there would be writing a smut online.

"So you want me to break in his office and risk expulsion?"

"Why? Are you scared? C'mon, your Godfather's on the board, you will be fine. Unless this is too much for your prodigal image. "It fucking was. She should just back off. Give her seat to angry pants again.

"I'll do it." Blyad.

It seemed like the poised students of the coding club did this quite often. They had access to the spare keys, a deal with the hostel's warden as well as an insight about the camera setup. Maybe it was their invisibility as a club that made them invincible.

The system's attendance record had an additional student that night as Laila stayed behind. The guards were busy smoking weed with their dealers and the Catholics were baptized with LSD. It was the perfect prank setup with an exception of the not-so-perfect prankster. "I think, Brute you accompany her till the lobby, get her the right keys." "Absolutely." The boy replied, his tongue poking his inner cheek with an ill-conceived smile.

The residential block was adjacent to the worker quarters. Its entrance had a wooden frame, supporting the rustic building's structure. Passing the second lobby was a storage room. Brutus led the way inside, jumping from a half-broken window, its glass shards blunted.

"Careful on the edges" "Relax princess, I know what I'm doing." The girl cracked up a smirk. She bucked her shoulders up pushing the guy inside without support. Brutus crashed on the dusty floor. "What princess? Did this queen hurt you?"She stated. Dusting his clothes, he got up and grabbed the keys from its hook. They were familiar. 181213 for storage, 31245 for the club, and 214 for the PA's office. He handed her the bunch from its leather key chain. "All yours Queen."

His mocking left a bitter aftertaste.

The girl walked back to the main building. She creeped out from behind the walls, eyes lingering around to spot any figure. She had several thoughts running. Nothing disturbing, just the ways by which she could get caught. Maybe Haidar was still in his office and would immediately rusticate her if not call her Godfather. And Ali Raza? Oh, he would not trust her anymore. She kept her tabs open to interpretation.

Swiping the keys from her back pocket, she inserted them into the keyhole. A click sound alarmed her that the door was now open to her pranks. Silently pushing the door she slithered in, thinking of ways to prank her principal's assistant. Maybe covering his room with aluminum foil, or sticking multiple sticky notes everywhere. That's perfect.

Perfect for middle school. But let's face it, so was this initiation.

She examined the office room. It was bland, no personalization. Even if Haidar looked young, his habits definitely screamed midlife crisis. Most of his shelf was stocked up with old records, a handful of books, nothing special. His study table was messy, covered with a ragged piece of cloth. She browsed through the drawers, in hopes of finding a bunch of sticky notes. Maybe a Clingfilm around his mini-fridge.

Her actions were frantic and clumsy. She knocked his flowerpot entering, later getting her foot stuck in his computer's wires. Even her skirt ripped from an isolated nail in his walls. She searched from the cupboards. One of them opened with a loud noise giving her a jump scare. The noise was loud enough to attract attention.

She bent down on her knees, trying to shove whatever crashed and running for her student life. On the floor were clear zip-lock bags. She picked one which was poking open before her phone screen lit up with a notification.

Mr. Angry pants:

The man you're messing with is still on grounds. Good luck ;)

8:55

This son of a Suka was ditching her. She started working faster. Finding a bottle of shaving cream, she sprayed it all over his seat and placed a cloth to cover it up. The zip lock bag was still in her hand. Pocking from the edge was a white article. As she bought it up for examination, it spilled on the floor. Round, small-sized tablets. She picked one, flipping to its reads. MYX 942. It was a familiar code, they'd learned to differentiate drugs in general medicine. This was Valium.

She was definitely running now.

GLOSSARY:

Blyad: FUCK.

suka: bitch

*ughhhhh i imagined this way better in my head. anyways, now the story gets intense.*