Prolouge

•.•.•.•.•.•.•.•.•.•.•.•.•.•.•.•.•.•.•.•
Prologue
•.•.•.•.•.•.•.•.•.•.•.•.•.•.•.•.•.•.•.•

With a heavy pant, she placed her hands on the top of the wooden spindle. Sweat slowly trailed down her forehead as she quickly brushed it off with her hand. She huffed as she rapidly spun the spindle with pressure, making her way down the stick. At the bottom, the thick ash piled up as smoke slowly emerging from ash.

She quickly stopped at the sight of the thin smoke dancing. Setting the stick aside, she bent down and softly blew into the pile of ash, trying to get the ember to grow. Within a couple of blows, the dried leaves erupted into fire.

Leafy threw her head back as she sighed in relief. The soft crackles of the fire sang their song as she softly began to ease the blistering pain in her hands. The cold breeze of the evening ran through her grey metallic hair.

Though it was barely the evening twilight, she could see the silhouette of the summit of Yoyle Mountain off in the distance. She smiled. She was so close to it. She just needed to wait another day. Then she didn't have to worry about making fires practically every night. She didn't have to eat yoyleberries any more.

She would be at Yoyle City and wouldn't need to worry about anything.

She turned her sight back to the fire. As much as she hated it, the fire sways kept her warm. Even if it reminded her of him.

The clouded memories of his smile.

How they were friends. Best friends. She felt the prick of tears in her eyes as the memories started flooding her mind. She had promised herself she would cry over him once more. But here she was.

Crying over him. Again.