Chapter One: Gut Feeling

Nine Years Later.
27 ABY.

"Hey Sabine, could you pass me the Bonding tape?" Miara asked, waiting for a response.
"Sabine?" she called out. After realizing Sabine wasn't there anymore, Miara huffed dramatically and rolled out from under the ship, reaching out as the tape flew through the air into her hand. "Thanks for nothing!" she shouted, knowing Sabine probably couldn't hear her wherever she was.
It's been nine years since Ahsoka and Sabine had taken Miara into their care. They had spent those years searching the galaxy for a Jedi named Ezra Miller, someone a part of Sabine's crew during the days of the Empire's rule and the rise of the Rebel Alliance. Sabine says that he sacrificed himself to help his friends take back the planet Lothal from the Empire, his successful mission had resulted in him getting lost in hyperspace. He had trusted Sabine to find him, and so far Sabine's efforts hadn't gone far, yet she never gave up hope, something Miara admired her for.
As they traveled looking for Sabine's lost friend, Miara had gained much training by the pair, and experience through missions she tagged along with on the way. Ashoka agreed to teach her the ways of the force, helping Miara become stronger every passing day. Ahsoka had passed on her knowledge of the Force down to Miara, although she assumed she didn't receive the same training as a real Jedi. Ahsoka was never ranked a Jedi, since she had left the Jedi order as a padawan long ago. Miara never called herself a padawan, nor a Jedi, since her master wasn't one either. It was an unspoken rule between the two that there was no labeling their skill. They only believed the light side of the force ruled between them.
While training in a form of the Jedi arts, Sabine had taken it upon herself to train Miara in Mandalorian-style combat, teaching her to use the force in a more practical way, by trusting herself, her killer punches, and her sharp aim, as Sabine would like to say. Sabine came from the family of clan Wren, a family that played a major role in the rebellion against the Empire, as well as the siege of Mandalore back in the Clone Wars. Sabine had seen potential in Miara since they first met, she was always eager and ready to learn, but also headstrong and stubborn. She saw a  true Mandalorian spirit inside her. So, after much deliberation, and some nagging on behalf of Miara, Sabine had decided to adopt Miara into her clan as a foundling, earning her the name Miara Wren. Miara felt she truly had found her place in the world with her new family, as small as it was, and she had never been more content.
The Fulcrum was docked in the crew's maintenance shop on the planet, Nar Shaddaa. The plan was to stay there for a few rotations to fix up the Fulcrum, as well as trade some spare parts and food for the long trip ahead, but soon, little mercenary-type missions popped up in the planets busy city one after the other, to drive Imperial sympathizers out of the system. They were missions that the crew, frankly, just couldn't turn down. But that also meant that her and Ahsoka had to be careful of when they opened themselves up to the Force. This was a bounty hunter heavy area, and even though the Jedi had somewhat re-acquainted themselves with the galaxy, there were still some, mostly Imperials, or Imps, as Miara called them, that would pay well for a Jedi. So far, Miara had yet to reveal herself to anyone.
Once Miara was finished working on the Fulcrum, she rolled out from underneath it and looked around for her friends, which seemed nowhere to be found.

"Ahsoka? You there?" she spoke into her intercom.

"Hey Miara, I'm here, what's up?" Ahsoka answered.

"Where are you and Sabine? You ditched me, jerks," she scoffed playfully

.
"We got a call from Reelo, she gave us a mission to bust some Imps hanging around her grounds. It's just quick credits," Sabine chimed in though Ahsoka's com, "I tried to tell you, but you were so zoned in on your work I just didn't think you'd listen," she laughed.

"Well," Miara started, "I'm all done with the Fulcrum for tonight, I might head over to the Cantina if you guys don't mind."

"Yeah sure, Mire." Ahsoka said