Chapter Six: Family

Yavin 4 was quite beautiful, a very green planet with very few settlements—most of them being ancient ruins. The sun was setting as the sky was a light orange colour. Down below, she could see little bodies standing in the fields outside of a tall building, surrounded by little huts, the temple.

"We're here," Ahsoka spoke into the com for Sabine to wake up to, Ben sat behind Miara's co-pilot seat, she could sense his unease, or maybe it was her own, she couldn't tell. The Fulcrum landed not far from where the temple sat. Miara and Ahsoka stepped out of the ship and headed down the ramp, Ben and Sabine following shortly behind.

"You must be my nephew's saviours," a robed man snickered, Ben grunted as he made his way to stand next to Miara.

"You must be Luke Skywalker," said Ahsoka.

"That would be me, yes, and you are?"

"Ahsoka Tano. I... knew your father."

"Ahsoka, my father's old padawan. I've known about you for some time, it's good to know you made it out of all this. I had wondered where you had ended up." Luke said as Ahsoka approached him. Luke was an older man, although still much younger than Ahsoka. He was beginning to grow out his beard but his blue eyes still remained as warm and bright as always.

"I have many questions," she said with a smile.

"And you must have so many stories." Luke replied, "if you'd like, we can come and sit somewhere to talk, unless you and your crew have to be somewhere." He looked at Sabine and Miara.

"If you'd have us, we wouldn't mind at all. My crew is no trouble... most of the time," she smirked at Miara

"I see you have a fellow Jedi aboard your ship?"

"I'm not a Jedi, Ahsoka is my master, but since she never finished her training, she isn't either, which means I'm not." Miara snapped back, she was getting tired of explaining this.

"She's just a force user, as I am. A force user with a temper."

"Where have I seen that before," Luke said, glancing at Ben. Ben scowled. "Well, you're all welcome to stay as long as you'd like, Yavin 4 is a safe place for all force users, even those with a temper. Ben, why don't you show our force user around the temple? Come Ahsoka, we have a lot to discuss." He said as he ushered Ahsoka down the hill towards the building.

"Have fun you two." Sabine winked as she went to catch up with them.

Ben and Miara walked the paths of the outside of the temple, passing padawans and Jedi of all ages training with sabers or force powers, meditating, or just talking in small groups. The temple was a peaceful place, with a light breeze flowing through the tall grass, Miara took a deep breath in, smelling the fresh scents of flora and a nearby ocean.

Ben watched as Miara observed every detail of the temple with bright eyes, he loved watching her gasp every time she saw a different saber, or watching with her head tilted at one of his peers lifting things with the force. He knew she wasn't excited to see these things, as she could do them herself, but she was happy to see there really were others just like her. He could feel her excitement, but also a slight nervousness, a sense that she may have felt out of place. Ben could understand this as he had always felt out of place, being the nephew of Master Luke, and one of the strongest in the temple, Ben had always been an outsider. Miara also could've felt out of place because almost all of his peers were staring at them, and some were whispering to each other, making fun of Ben no doubt.

"Why don't we head to Lukes hut? I'm sure him and Ahsoka are still talking, I could get you some food." He said, ready to get out of sight of his classmates as soon as possible.