Chapter Two: Solo

"C'mon Ben, use those long legs of yours and walk faster. We've gotta get back to the ship before Luke starts to worry," Ben's classmate called out.

Ben wasn't really listening to him though, he was too lost in his own thoughts, taking in the scenery of the bustling city. Luke had sent Ben and another padawan to Nar Shaddaa to grab some supplies that the temple was running low on. This was the first time in a while Ben had been outside of the Jedi Temple on Yavin 4, so he planned on taking his time. When Ben had re-focused himself, he saw the padawan was far ahead of him, obviously not wasting any time to get back to the Temple. But right now, that was the last place Ben wanted to go back to.

The Temple was a place Ben had begun to grow a distaste for. His uncle had been putting more pressure on him to progress in his training, since Ben was one of the most advanced in the academy. The pressure was high on Ben to see his full potential of his abilities of the Force, as well as continuing the legacy of the powerful Skywalker bloodline. However, Ben was growing tired of the continuous pressure and was beginning to crack. His temper was growing shorter, the littlest things setting him off into either a snappy attitude, or full out violent rage. All this though, he kept hidden from Luke, unsure of how he would respond. And the voices inside his head, no, a dark and sinister voice, was getting louder, and harder to ignore. It would tell him things, horrible things that he couldn't let himself believe were true, that his parents didn't love him more than themselves, that he was abandoned, that Luke would never really be satisfied and would alway demand more of him. And one thought that he was hearing bounced through his mind constantly;

"You are all alone."

Ben, lost in his thoughts, was suddenly caught off guard by a feeling that had stopped him dead in his tracks. It was a strong presence within the Force he had never felt before. He looked around to try and find the source of the presence, his instinct had brought him towards a cantina. Looking ahead to make sure his classmate was far ahead of him, Ben stepped into the small path that led towards it. Luke was probably going to scold him for this. The strong stench of booze was the first thing he noticed as it stung his nose when he stepped in. He looked around at his surroundings, loud music was filling the entire place, with mixes of laughter and little bar fights scattered about the crowded room. He made his way up to the bar, thinking he might as well get a drink and try to find the source of whatever it was he could feel, although his surroundings made it a little difficult to feel now. As he sat on a bar stool waiting for the bartender to notice him. From the corner of his eye he spotted someone staring at him, he turned his head slightly to get a better view, he made eye contact with a girl sitting at the bar, not speaking with anyone around her. She sat a few seats down from him, and Ben had noticed that she was the one looking at him, observing him with squinted eyes. Once she had seen he had spotted her though, she turned her head and looked back to her drink. The girl was interesting to look at with two colourful dark blue and white braids of hair draping down her shoulders, intertwined with black fabric, and a painted chest plate of armor reminiscent of a soldier underneath her cloak. He saw her bright eyes for only a moment but it didn't seem like enough time for him, he wanted to see more of her.

"Well hello there young fellow," a deep and smooth voice growled behind him.

Ben had turned her attention from the girl to the tall beast of a man that loomed behind him.

"What might your name be?"

Authors notes:

No big refrence photos here, I PROMISE the chapters will get longer, this chapter is just a setup for whats about to happen :)