chapter thirty four

Laura's POV

After the movie I realized that we need more milk and bacon.

Laura: Ross I need to go to the grocery store I'll be back in a little bit.

Ross: ok see you soon.

He kisses me then I grab my keys, walk out to my car, get in, and start driving. My phone starts ringing while I'm driving I answer it.

Laura: hello?

????: goodbye

Laura: huh?

Then BAM!! My car gets hit from both the front and the back. I have a bunch of cuts one of which is a deep cut down my arm. I feel something dripping on my head. I touch my head and look at my fingers. Blood? I then blackout.

End of POV

Ross's POV

I flip through the channels to spongebob till I get a call. Laura.

Ross: hello?

???: hello is this Ross Lynch?

Ross: yes who is this?

???: I'm a cop.

Ross: what happened?

Cop: what relationship do you have with Laura Marano?

Ross: she's my girlfriend.

Cop: well im sorry to say she just got into a horrible car accident.

I froze and dropped my phone.

Cop: hello?

I picked up my phone.

Ross: where is she now?

Cop: Glendale hospital.

Ross: ok thank you bye.

Cop: bye.

I then hung up the phone, ran to get my keys, ran to my car, got in, and started driving to the hospital. I probably passed the speed limit by 20 mph. I park the car in the parking lot and sprint into the hospital up to the main desk.

Desk man: how may I help you sir?

Ross: you can by telling me what room Laura Marano is in.

Desk man: she's currently in surgery so you can't visit her for a while.

Ross: come on.

Desk man: sorry sir, you can wait in the waiting room though and I can tell you when shes out.

Ross: fine.

I sit in the waiting room and call my folks and siblings. I wait for like ten minutes then I hear several footsteps running into the hospital i can hear heels clicking really quickly. Rydel.  I see Rydel,  mom, dad, Vanessa, Ryland, Rocky, Riker, and Ratliff. Ratliff and Rydel are holding hands so are Riker and Nessa. Curiouser and curiouser. I know Alice in wonderland quote. Anyways they walk over to me. Is it bad that I'm crying?  Nessa, mom, and Rydel are crying super hard. Dad's comforting mom, mom's comforting me, Ratliff is comforting Rydel,  and Riker's comforting Nessa. I'm so confused!  Why if Ratliff comforting Rydel and Riker comforting Nessa? Not that it's a bad thing but it's kinda confusing . Rydel notices how confused I was and spoke up.

Rydel: Riker and Nessa have been dating for a couple weeks. Ratliff and me have been dating for months.

Ross: I'm just hearing about this now?

Riker: well I don't know how you didn't know me and Nessa are dating. Its plainly obvious But Rydel and Ratliff literally just told us two hours ago.

Ross: that explains a lot. Well while you guys are lovely dovey my girlfriend is having surgery.

Then Rydel pulls me into a bone crushing hug. I literally couldn't breathe.

Rydel: im so sorry!

I start turning different colors.

Ratliff:Rydel loosen the hug! He laughs

She loosens her grip but doesn't let go. She finally lets go and runs back to Ratliff.  He chuckles and kisses the top of her head. And we all continue waiting.

~ three hours later~

I'm so hungry but I cant miss them calling for Laura.

Stormie: honey we're going to get something to eat come with us.

Ross: no I have to wait.

Stormie: well do you want me to get you something to eat?

Ross: sure anything.

Stormie: ok ill be right back.

She kissed the top of my head and leaves to get me some food. Ten minutes later mom, dad, my siblings, and Ratliff  comes back and mom gives me a sandwich. I eat it quickly.  Finally the desk guy comes into the waiting room.

Desk man : Laura Marano?

We all stand up.

Desk man: she is out of surgery and in room 309 but be careful how many people go in at one time.

Then we walk to room 309 I open the door to see Laura sleeping on the hospital bed. I walk over to her  and sit on the chair close to the bed. My eyes start tearing up. This is all my fault.  I let her leave alone. I feel someone hug me from behind. I turn my head to see Vanessa.

Vanessa: she'll wake up.

Ross: its all my fault.

Vanessa: you can't control what happened.

Ross: but I let her leave alone.

Vanessa: don't blame yourself for this.

Then she walks back over to Riker.  Just then Laura's eyes flutter open. She looks around freaks out for a minute then sees me and calms down and grabs my hand.

Ross: I'm so sorry.

Laura: for what?

Ross: for letting you go.

Laura: that's not your fault I would've been in the car crash even if you tried to keep me from going.

Ross: I still feel horrible.

Laura: well don't.

She looks around and then sees everyone.

Laura: you all came.

Rydel: of course we love you.

Then Rydel walks over to Laura and gives her a huge hug.

Ross: Rydel don't hug her too hard she just got out of surgery.

She lets go and walks back to Ratliff.

Rydel: sorry.

Laura: it's fine.

Ross: how ya feelin?

Laura: sore but i- she stops by falling onto the bed her heart monitor beeps saying her heart stopped. I start to freak out and the nurses run into the room. They bring her into the surgery room again. Oh no.

Hey guys
Next chapter is the last chapter.
Dont forget to vote and comment.  Bye loves

Sincerely

Annie