A Strange First Week

Chapter 2: A Strange First Week

🖤*🍕+:.。☠。.:+🍕*🖤

After working at Grimassi's Pizzeria for four days, three hours, forty-five minutes, and seven seconds, I could say, without a doubt, that it was the most weird as hell place I've ever been to.

From the very first moment that I entered the restaurant, I felt that something was off about it.

For instance, I had nearly shat myself when I was introduced to Mr. Grimassi on my first day of work. Even now, I still shuddered a little at the memory. I came in at 6:45pm, just as Mrs. Grimassi requested, and my new boss had started the shift by happily calling for her husband to "meet the new employee~!".

I was curious to see Mr. Grimassi as he hadn't been here when I applied. I wondered what kind of guy had married an eccentric woman like Mrs. Grimassi when the lumbering thuds of something getting closer echoed throughout the pizzeria, rattling it like an earthquake.

'What in the mother of a duck riding a truck is tHAT?!' I turned a panicked look towards Mrs. Grimassi who didn't appear the least bit concerned at the disturbing sound. The closer the footsteps got, the stronger my desire to bolt out of the restaurant grew. The only thing that was stopping me from carrying out said desires was my legs which had seemed to turn to jelly. They only allowed me to take a half step back when he (it?) appeared at the server's window.

The figure was shrouded in the darkness and shadows of the kitchen, but I could clearly tell that it was a giant, hulking beast of a man who looked like he could barely fit in the room. I practically fainted as he looked down at me with milky white, pupiless eyes that seemed to glow like a full moon in the dead of night.

"Tesoro, this is the new employee I told you about!" Mrs. Grimassi chirped, looking unperturbed at the fact that her husband could give Mr. X a run for his money. "She'll be working here with us as the new delivery girl~!"

". . ." Mr. Grimassi only let out a rumbling groan in response. An odd white smoke would puff from his mouth with every breath like a smoldering dragon in a cave.

'Oh my G o d-' My knocking jelly knees threatened to give up all together and fall to the ground. Was Mrs. Grimassi really married to something like that?!

"Hm?" Said woman titled her head a little, looking at her husband curiously before giggling softly. "Ah, I see! Okay then dear~♪"

She then turned to me and said- "Antonio asked if you could come closer~!"

"MC'SCUSE ME?!" I gapped at her in disebelief. First of all, how the hell did she understand a single thing that he said? All he did was groan! Secondly, the last thing I wanted to do was go anywhere near that man (if he even was one in the first place)! He looked like he could eat me whole or snap my spine like a tooth pick!

"Oh don't worry dear, he won't bite~!" Oh yeah, I highly doubted that! I was going to raise more objections, but the soft encouragement in her eyes had me begrudgingly relax for a moment. Mrs. Grimassi did seem perfectly at ease with the whole situation and clearly felt that there was no cause for alarm. But, on the other hand, she was his wife. She was probably the only one in the whole city who was safe from him.

I chanced another glance at the man and vainly fought a shiver. Oh, I was so going to die.

With a speed that would make a snail impatient, I shuffled closer to Mr. Grimassi, a mantra of "Ohgodohshitohfuck" playing in my head in bass boosted I-Max stereo.