⍨ chapter 4

"he looked at me!" i whisper-shouted. "he freaking looked at me jeno!"

"yeah, and that was yesterday."

i glared at jeno. couldn't i be happy for something in my life. this asshole had made my life a living hell. i had the right to be happy.

"nah, but seriously. you sound like a teenage girl who has a crush right now."

yeah, i did.

disgusting.

i didn't have a crush on him.

i hated him from the bottom of my heart.

but my heart was devoted to him.

"oh! jaemin is here! hide me!" jeno panicked, using me as a human shield.

"who sounds like a teenage girl now?" i snorted. "wait."

i turned around, looking at jeno in the eye.

"yeah?"

"isn't he one of mark's friends? he was with him yesterday when mark looked at me."

"huh... surely."

"we should follow him. he'll bring us to mark."

jeno pulled my hand and sat me back. "what if we don't?"

"let me remind you that mark has to get destroyed the quickest possible." i told jeno.

"yes but..." jeno lowered his head and flushed, mumbling something i couldn't understand in a low voice.

"what?"

"i don't want jaemin to see me like this..."

i raised a brow. "is that a confession?"

"maybe?"

"do you have a crush on mark's friend?"

jeno nodded.

"and you're worried because you think you're not pretty enough?"

jeno nodded again.

i rolled my eyes. "jeno, stop your bullshit. you're the prettiest boy here. that boy has shit in the eyes if he doesn't see that."