⍨ end ⍨

i knocked on doyoung's office door before entering.

"donghyuck! what a pleasure! long-time no see! close the door please." doyoung said as i entered his office.

i did as i was told before sitting on the sofa, just behind his desk.

"today is one of our last sessions if i remember well." doyoung checked through his papers. "the last! sorry."

i nodded.

"how are you feeling?"

one year had passed since mark and i got back together. and honestly, everything got better.

the whole school learned about our relationship pretty quickly. the day after we got together actually.

and, well, they reacted pretty well at the news.

what appeared in the school journal acted like an eye-opener, and many people came apologizing to me for their mean behaviour. none of them really became mean towards mark, but most of them started treating me right. and, yeah, i started gaining popularity again.

but that wasn't what was attracting me anymore.

"i'm feeling better." i replied honestly.

"that's what i've always wanted to hear."

i smiled brightly.

"as it is our last session, let's do the images game for the last time. do you remember them?"

i nodded. "i played it with doctor park one year ago."

doyoung nodded.

"what do you think about?" he asked showing me the heart drawing.

"mark and i..." i answered dreamily.

"and now?" he said, changing images to show a random messy drawing.

"it looks like a beautiful butterfly..."

doyoung smiled at me and changed drawings again, revealing a colourful sheet of paper.

"what can you say now?"

i looked at the paper. "fireworks. lighting up the world."

doyoung smiled even more.

"and the last one." he said, showing me a white piece of paper.

"that's our future. blank because we need to trace it alone, as we want."

doyoung put the papers away and put them back in the drawer.

"well, donghyuck, i think we can end out session here."

i raised my head. "really?!"

"yes. do you have something to do after?"

i nodded. "i have a double date with mark, jeno and jaemin."

"that's good. very good." doyoung said.

"donghyuck, i have good news." he told after a while.

i looked at him in the eye. "yes?"

"i think you're finally healed. you no longer have this obsession over mark. and this is good news. you can finally have a peaceful life."

i smiled at what doyoung told me.

so that was finally it?

would i have a normal life form now on?

i ran towards doyoung and hugged him as tight as i could.

"thank you doyoung. it's all thanks to you." i mumbled.

"you're welcome donghyuck." he replied. "now, go join your friends quickly, your new life awaits you!"

i smiled brightly at him and walked towards the door of his office.

"and please, close the door on your way out."

and for the first time of my life, i felt happy to close that fucking door. 

the end

----------------------------------------

thank you so much for reading this story!!

it's a story i've always wanted to write, and i'm happy i found the motivation to finally write it. 

i literally stayed glued to my computer two days straight to finish it and i'm pretty happy about the result. 

i'm sorry if the characters' reactions and everything don't seem real, i don't know people who actually have those types of illnesses and i only based the story on my imagination. 

anyway, thanks again for showing support to my book! it really means a lot to me! 

love lots <3<3<3<3