⍨ chapter 10

doyoung closed the door of his office and got back to his desk only to find me sitting on the sofa where he i lying unconscious just minutes ago.

"donghyuck! you're awake!" he exclaimed. "is something wrong? why are you crying?" he asked approaching me.

i sobbed harder when he hugged me, staining his shirt.

"why was mark here?" i asked.

"oh... so you were awake..."

i nodded, wiping a few tears away.

"well... he rushed here when he learned you had been hit by someone."

"and what's that story you talked about?" i questioned.

doyoung rubbed his nape.

"i'm sorry, but i can't talk about that. this is between you and mark."

i didn't reply. i only glared at him.

and i was interrupted by two loud boys, barging through the door.

"donghyuck! you're up!" jeno exclaimed.

"yes, i am."

"did you cry? why is your face red?" he furrowed his brows.

"jeno. stay out of this. it's between him and mark."

jeno nodded at what his brother had told him.

jaemin patted my head, in an attempt to reassure me.

"don't worry, i took care of the bastard who did that to you." he said.

i shyly smiled at him.

"yeah, he beat the shit out of him, i even had to stop him because the boy was a bloody mess. a horrible sight to see." jeno giggled, clinging onto jaemin's arm.

they were cute together. maybe as cute as mark and i.

well, mark and i weren't a thing anymore.

we could be. but we weren't.

"what's with that face?" doyoung asked me.

i looked at him, my face blank. "do you have mark's number?"

"yes, but- "

"call him. and tell him that if he wants to talk to me, he has to come at midnight, at the park where we hung out on our first monthversary. i'll wait for him there." i added before leaving three dumbfounded males in the room.

i sighed for the nth time of the hour, looking once again at my watch. 12:52.

what was i expecting?

mark wouldn't show up. that's all.

why would he?

i had been waiting for an hour and a half already. and there was no sign of him.

i had arrived half an hour early to be here if he was early, but mark was never early, and i knew it very well. i was just hoping that maybe this time he could be...

i rose to my feet, dusting off my pants before slowly walking to the park's entrance.

it was useless to hope.

mark was one hour late.

well, he wasn't late at that point, he just wouldn't come.

i lifted my hand to grab the park's metallic portal when something caught my attention.

"donghyuck!"

i turned around, wondering who would be calling me to meet a sweating and panting mark, carrying few hortensia flowers.

his hair was messy, he had scratches on his flawless skin, his clothes were soaked wet because of sweat, and he had flower petals a bit everywhere.

"donghyuck, i'm very sorry, i'm very very late, i know hortensias are your favourites, but all the flower shops were closed when doyoung called me so, i looked everywhere for the flowers and i didn't find them... and when i finally found them it was half past midnight and i fell in a rosebush and i got followed by a doberman because i was in a private property." he explained quickly.

i burst out laughing at what he told me and gladly accepted the flowers he was giving me. i took him intoa hug, surprising him, but he eventually hugged me back after an instant.

"donghyuck, let me tell you the truth. i did love you, and i still do. i broke up with you because of my parents. but that was the stupidest decision i ever made in my whole life." mark told truthfully.

i looked at him in the eye, seeing how messed up he was mentally.

"not only did i make your life a living hell. i made mine a fucking disaster. i couldn't look at me in a mirror after what i did to you. i regret every single thing i did to you, donghyuck. sincerely."

i smiled, knowing where thins was going.

"maybe... if you're ready, we could restart our lives together, and have a whole new life in which all this will not reproduce?"

i smiled even brighter, throwing the flowers high in the air before pulling mark into a meaningful kiss. it felt so good to feel his lips on mine after so long. it's like we were meant to be together.

"yes, mark. yes."