⍨ chapter 11

"mark, darling, what are you saying?" a feminine voice said on mark's phone that was on loud speaker.

"i'm saying that i have a boyfriend, mom. i love him. and i don't want to marry that girl." mark replied immediately.

i couldn't understand a word of their conversation. they were speaking english, and i sucked at english.

mark and i were a couple since a couple of minutes.

we had just gotten together.

but mark had said he didn't want to make the same mistakes, so he had called his parents right away.

"how long has this been going on?" his mother spoke in the foreign language again.

"i broke his heart months ago when you told me i would have to marry her. but we just got back together. i don't care about your business anymore. disown me, do whatever you want. i don't fucking care. i just want him." mark replied staring at me.

his mother sighed. "we'll talk about this later mark. let your father and i find a solution."

and with that, the call ended.

"what did they say?" i asked.

mark pulled me in a hug.

"nothing important. what really matters is that we're finally together."

this morning, i entered the school by mark's side.

well, more than that, i entered the school holding his hand.

and, i received stares once again.

but mark didn't seem to care.

he pulled me towards the school journal's stand.

the girl there was yawning as if she hadn't slept since years.

mark woke her up by slamming his hand on the table.

"are you in charge of that thing?"

she nodded, looking at our intertwined hands.

"do you know who he is?" mark asked pointing at me.

she nodded again.

"do you know the rumours?"

she stopped moving.

"answer!" mark barked.

"y-yes."

"i want you to tell the whole school that they are completely false. those are bullshit. this angel right here would never try to rape any one. if the students of this schools want to hate someone, they should hate me. it is me who left him. it is entirely my fault if he became what he became. but this is all past now. donghyuck and now are back together. whether you like it or not." mark told.

the girl trembled under mark's strong gaze.

"make sure to tell that tomorrow. i want the whole school to know."

those were the last words to leave mark's mouth before he pulled me away.

we walked in silence towards the school garden where jaemin and jeno were cuddling on a bench.

that's all they were doing these days. cuddling.

"looks like we're not the only ones who got together." mark whispered in my ear when we saw jeno placing a peck on jamein's lips.

we continued to walk towards the two lovebirds.

"hello guys." i said, ruffling jeno's hair.

"hey." jeno replied, facing me.

"i guess you showed up..." jaemin smirked at mark.

"i did."

"what happened."

"i maned up and confessed. everything."

i smiled brightly, taking jeno's hands in mine. "and now we're together!"

"so cool! jaemin and i are together as well!" jeno bounced with me.

jaemin and mark chuckled seeing us, bottoms, so bubbly about so little things.

"imagine bringing them on a double date." jaemin told mark.

"that would send both of them to cloud 9 directly." my boyfriend laughed.

"aren't they the cutest?"

"they are."

after a good minute of bouncing around, jeno and i got back on our respective boyfriend's laps.

i snuggled into mark's touch, remembering the old times.

i finally felt good.

it felt as if this break up never happened.

it felt as if i never had been sick.

it felt so freaking good.

we were interrupted in our discussion by a notification coming from mark's phone.

my boy took his device out, opening it to read his message.

"let's cross fingers hoping that it's not an admirer. we can never know what hyuck could do." jeno joked, earning a bite in the neck from his boyfriend.

"well, it's my mother." mark clarified. "would you do something to her, baby?"

i blushed.

was it because of the pet name?

was it because of nervousness?

i didn't know either.

"w-what are they saying?" i asked, praying god that they wouldn't want mark to break up with me once again.

"she said that hopefully, the baby that she's carrying right now will be able to marry someone from a business family. what a way to learn that you'll have a sibling..." mark snorted.