recollection VII ⍨

mark looked at the clock calculating the jet lag.

great. it wasn't too late to call his parents.

he picked his phone and called his mother who picked up after two ringtones.

"hello mark, how are you?"

"i'm fine, i'm fine. how are you?"

"we're okay. we were about to watch a film, and then go to bed." she explained. "your father is next to me. hello mark!" he heard his father's voice in the background.

"hello dad!"

"so, how is korea? have you managed to create a network yet?" his mother asked.

that was something mark hated about his family.

they always prioritized work over anything else.

sure, business was important, but life had to keep going...

"yeah, i did. people are starting to appreciate me. i became quite popular."

"that's my son." his father laughed.

mark then let his mind wander to a certain someone.

this person who had actually been the cause of this call.

his boyfriend of three months. lee donghyuck.

he had never told his parents about their relationship, thinking that it was nothing too serious, but donghyuck and him had exchanged 'i love you' for the very first time hours ago, bringing their relationship to another level.

mark was really attached to donghyuck, and he would let him go for nothing in the world. he truly loved him. and that's what he wanted to tell his parents right now.

"mom- "

"oh mark! i forgot to tell you! we have good news!" his mother interrupted him.

mark coughed. "yes?"

"we found a new business partner in the united states!" she exclaimed.

what was mark expecting... of course it had to be business-related.

"and we'll merge our companies. you'll marry the heir. it's a pretty girl of your age. so, make sure your heart stays empty!" she giggled, shattering mark's heart in a billion pieces.

mark blew his nose loudly in a tissue that doyoung was handing him.

"why did you tell me that story, mark?"

"b-because i want s-someone to know t-that i r-really loved him..." mark cried. "fuck that! i still love him."

he had broken donghyuck's heart – and well, donghyuck's whole persona – a month ago, and mark wasn't in a right state of mind. he may seem strong and happy on the outside, but he's sad and broken on the inside.

in fact, he's as broken as donghyuck.

"my parents want me to marry that bitch." he sniffled. "but i don't want to. i want donghyuck."

doyoung listened to mark in silence.

"but donghyuck will never want me back."

doyoung took a deep breath before raising mark's chin.

"donghyuck has an illness mark. you made him sick. sick with what? let me tell you... he's now obsessed with you. whether you want it or not, he can't stop thinking about you. so, i think you're wrong. donghyuck will always want you back."