Chapter 4

[Traffic's Perspective]

"So how do we start this?" I asked to Khru Pom.

"Well," Khru Pom explained slowly. "I will help you enter Wave's dream and you need to help him notice that he is in a dream, but the hard part is that he would only have the memories until the point of his dream. This means that if he is 15 years old in the memory he is reliving he would be 15 year old Wave not having any of the memories after that point of time. He wouldn't know you or any of us."

"Then how do I make him notice that he is actually 16 years old Wave in a dream?" I asked seriously worried I wouldn't be able to do it.

"Somewhere in his head, he would have his memories of his 16 year old self with all his previous memories. It's your job to bring that part of him out," Khru Pom explained to me.

"Khru Pom," Namtarn said still looking very worried. "If we are going to do this, we have to start quick."

"Ok Namtarn," Khru Pom told Namtarn calmly. "Traffic when you enter his dream, you will also fall asleep and won't be able to wake up until Wave does. Are you clear."

"Yes," I said acting calm, but freaking out in my mind imagining not being able to wake up.

When I lay down on the bed next to Wave, Namtarn cam up to me and whispered, "Traffic, Wave may seem different compared to now. He won't have much confidence. Just try to earn his trust before Nora does."

"Okay," I answered. "Wait who's Nora?"

Before I could hear Namtarn's answer I felt like I was falling into a deep dark hole with no end. I guessed I was in the process of entering Wave's dream. Suddenly a flash of light blinded me and then I saw a hallway that looked like a school. I looked around to look for Wave and then I saw a certain classroom with a familiar young boy with glasses in the far back seat. I noticed how a student was approaching the young Wave.

"Hey," the student called out to Wave getting Wave's attention. "I heard you are entering a research contest."

"I am," Wave stated.

"How can a stupid person like you even try," the student said in a mocking tone.

"Khru Nora said I could do it and that I am smart enough to do it," Wave said trying to talk back.

"You smart?!" the student said with a short laugh and a snort. "Yeah sure. She just feels bad for you."

And with that the student left. I saw how this Wave was less confident of himself and less smug as Namtarn said. Seeing how he mentioned Nora while talking, I knew he already had trust in her. Looking back to Namtarn's speech on gaining his trust before Nora, I knew he would somehow get betrayed by her or hurt by her.

My thoughts were cut off by the school bell ringing, indicating it was the end of school. I saw Wave walk out of the classroom holding onto a very old laptop towards the stairs that led to the rooftop. I quickly followed him up the stairs. When I opened the door to the rooftop, I saw Wave sitting on a stairs with his computer on his lap and holding a bag of cereal. I put a smile on my face and walked toward the young Wave.

"Hi, you are Wave right," I said toward Wave who was now looking upward toward me.

"Yes I am, but who are you," Wave asked me.

"My name is Traffic," I told Wave walking closer to him. "Can I sit?"

"Yes you can," Wave stated while nodding his head and moving a bit to the right creating space for me to sit. "What grade are you in? I haven't seen you around. Are you in a higher grade than me?"